• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Basket for lowered right field wall

rafibomb

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

5ab2e2ec71427_rightfield.thumb.jpg.4f356cd860044eb898c3130c153b10fc.jpg

reminds me of the basket/net in wrigley. will probably help umpires making home run calls i'd think.

i'd like to see more & better pictures of this. i also hope this is just a solution for just this one year and that they'll do necessary reconstruction on this for next year, possibly bringing the lower wall forward a couple of feet so this isn't quite so goofy.

54 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Geez it’s a topic of discussion. Why can’t we discuss things without being attacked. Someone else mentioned that Trouts numbers would’ve changed with this new wall arrangement. You didn’t attack that. Put your Angels helmet on and get back on the short bus. 

As soon as that person becomes a walking, talking anti Angel agenda I will "attack" that person.  Sorry if I hurt your feelings Claude.  

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

reminds me of the basket/net in wrigley. will probably help umpires making home run calls i'd think.

i'd like to see more & better pictures of this. i also hope this is just a solution for just this one year and that they'll do necessary reconstruction on this for next year, possibly bringing the lower wall forward a couple of feet so this isn't quite so goofy.

63C98727-B680-411C-BA35-8C2F59574412.jpeg

17 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

This is exactly what I think. This looks tacky and stupid, but I’m more than fine with it as a temporary solution. I like the idea of a lower wall. But like you said, I hope they have a bigger plan in place. If not... then fuck.... that’s fugly.

I guess it doesn't really bother me, then again neither did the yellow line.  Other teams have yellow lines and other teams have baskets.  I wasn't worried about more replay, that is annoying, but it doesn't hinder my enjoyment of the game.  We have seen replays when the wall was high and it had to get over, so what is the difference?

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

It's probably for fan safety so they don't fall over the edge trying to nab a ball that will be a home run. Before leaning over the wall would be fan interference.

I posted this before but I guess you skimed the thread.

Edited by Blarg

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

It's probably for fan safety so they don't fall over the edge trying to nab a ball that will be a home run. Before leaning over the wall would be fan interference.

The wall isn't a new thing.  We didn't care about a fan falling over before.

9 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

As soon as that person becomes a walking, talking anti Angel agenda I will "attack" that person.  Sorry if I hurt your feelings Claude.  

Strad sometimes you really need to just go back to your bedroom and play with your Angels bobbleheads and chill. You take this stuff way too seriously. Arte can’t possibly be paying you enough.

A30BBC6B-6F65-42CC-8097-15F62386E2B4.jpeg

42322AD2-4F48-4E2C-887A-16CCBF0967DE.jpeg

D3CB05BE-F02B-4254-AEAD-62E082DA76B1.jpeg