• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ichiro and Bartolo

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Here's a variant question: Who is the oldest player you remember seeing play (on TV is fine)? 

I can remember Yaz in the early 80s, who is now 78 years old. 

I think we will see fewer aging players going forward. It seems like there is a strong trend for teams to go with younger and cheaper talent.

Was pretty sure that Stan Musial WAS the oldest player I saw playing. I saw him in old Sportsman's Park in STL in '62. He is now dead.

That reminded me that Red Schoendienst is still alive. I checked the box score of that game...........and he appeared as a pinch hitter in that game. Dont really remember that. But he is now 95, Still, Musial was three years older, though now deceased.

Even though I was only nine, I still see that stance of his in my mind, with that upright bat and feet pretty close together. 

The mind is a strange and wonderful thing.............

On 3/15/2018 at 11:00 AM, Angelsjunky said:

The only two major leaguers who are older than me - and both born in the same year (1973).That's it. Once they're gone, I'll be older than every active baseball player.

Old as fuck.

(I'm sure for some of you sitting on your rockers, this post is like salt in those wounds)

That is the year that I graduated high school, so I'll see your old and I'll raise you.