• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia

tdawg87

2 minutes ago, CubsFan said:

There's a differences between being medicore and blatantly tanking.  Cubs and Stros were medicore for a long time then finally realized that tanking and stockpiling talent is the best way to win the WS.  And it worked.

It also makes them pathetic.   

Only problem that I have with tanking in baseball is that you are less guarantee to draft someone who eventually becomes a superstar that is draft high in the MLB draft. In the NFL and NBA, your chances are much higher of tanking and drafting someone that becomes a superstar. A lot of superstar players currently in baseball weren't even drafted that high or even high in the draft. Or in a lot of cases, they were drafted late. Trout, Donaldson, Goldschmidt, Scherzer, Kluber, and Rizzo are perfect examples of that.

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

LOL. Harper and Correa definitely are. Price won a Cy Young. Strasberg finished 3rd In the voting last year. Cole will be top 3 this year.

Correa has had one great year. One great year doesn't make a player a superstar. I need to see more great years to label someone as one.

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Ok, how about OPS+? He's at 138 for his career. Averages 30 home runs per 162 games. He's a SS too.

He's as good of a hitter as Altuve is, and room to grow

That's a nice career OPS+ to have, especially as a shortstop. But again, Correa needs to have more than one MVP caliber season for me to say he is a superstar. Does he has the potential to be one? No doubt! But is he one right now? I would say no.

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

That's a nice career OPS+ to have, especially as a shortstop. But again, Correa needs to have more than one MVP caliber season for me to say he is a superstar. Does he has the potential to be one? No doubt! But is he one right now? I would say no.

And that's a fine opinion to have. But every single statistical measure says you are emphatically wrong.

I can't think of 5 players I'd rather build my team around than Carlos Correa right now.