• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fire Scioscia

tdawg87

11 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I'll say if the Angels don't make the postseason this year, assuming if everyone is healthy or almost everyone, then he's not coming back as Angels manager next year. He did a very good job last year. as I've stated before, considering the situation that he was put in, but he's got a bigger challenge this year with a roster with even more talent than last year's team.

He has the Astros to worry about. 

45 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I'm not. If Bill Stoneman had just kept Joe Maddon after he finished 19-10 in 1999 as interim manager with the Angels. The Angels finished 70-92 that season.  

Maddon never had any success as a bench coach until Scioscia became manager. The Angels never once made the playoffs during his tenure prior. 

16 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

He has the Astros to worry about. 

Something tells me that the Astros will regress big time this year. I mean, they had guys who had career years last season like Marwin Gonzalez, Brad Peacock, Charlie Morton, and Josh Reddick. Most of these guys were nobodies prior to last season. Verlander needed a hot final two months last year to put up a solid 3.36 ERA. Prior to that though, he was decent. Cole is mediocre at best, overrated. Keuchel is hurt a lot and he outperformed his FIP again last year. Don't expect Morton to repeat his success last season, neither will Peacock.

No team remains static or is the team they were last season. The Astros added Cole to their rotation. That in itself improves the team from what walked off the field after game 7.

Who regresses is often replaced by the next guy having a standout career as the team leader. I have no doubt the Astros will be tough competition and expect them not to mail it in. 

Selling them short, believing they can't play at the same level is being more fan of the opposition than realistically looking at a team in their competitive prime.

2 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I'm not. If Bill Stoneman had just kept Joe Maddon after he finished 19-10 in 1999 as interim manager with the Angels. The Angels finished 70-92 that season.  

It continues to amaze me how you put so much stock in the manager and so little value on the performance of the players.

skewed, 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Once again, Scioscia gets schooled by Maddon. Scioscia can't pull his double steal against smart managers.  

You know, it's a shame that the entire game pivoted on that one play.