• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Local School Shooting Threats (Whittier, Long Beach)

34 minutes ago, Tank said:

WTH. how does a teenager acquire all of that? 

when i was in high school i bought four condoms and felt like an absolute boss for it. this? otherworldly.

Condoms come in 3 packs....did you go to the ghetto liquor store and buy "loosies", like cigarettes?

The whittier kids were actually his older brother's, not his. But i guess he had access?

And add santa ana and orange to the list. I think most of these kids are full of shit, but if any one is real...

Can the media stop overshowing tragedies like this?    They are partially contributing to this.   Did the media go all gung ho like this when Charles Whitman killed on the U of Texas campus in 1966?   Some of the mentally ill feed off of notoriety.

While they are at it, tell them to get those STUPID police/suspect car chases off the air too!     Nothing like giving future suspects ammo!  

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just sayin' that this will take a comprehensive plan to begin to fix, and not just removing guns.    Although does the public really need AR-15's?

No, they dont. 

Like i mentioned above, you could buy a mini 14 for a little bit less. It does the exact same thing. Just doesnt look as cool. Not sure why its such a hot debate.

Charles Whitman killed all those people at U. of Texas in 1966 with a bolt-action Remington. There should be some further restrictions on AR-15's though. Much easier to kill a lot of people quickly and at close range without setting up a sniper's perch on the roof. The argument that we need AR-15's to protect us from a hostile government coming to get us is pretty lame. The government could just blow your damn house into little pieces if it wanted to. Ordinary citizens don't have air superiority.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Charles Whitman killed all those people at U. of Texas in 1966 with a bolt-action Remington. There should be some further restrictions on AR-15's though. Much easier to kill a lot of people quickly and at close range without setting up a sniper's perch on the roof. The argument that we need AR-15's to protect us from a hostile government coming to get us is pretty lame. The government could just blow your damn house into little pieces if it wanted to. Ordinary citizens don't have air superiority.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/what-i-saw-treating-the-victims-from-parkland-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/?utm_source=fbb

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

This sounds similar to "what I experienced after my child's murder should change the debate on the death penalty".

sure, i can see that as a conclusion. 

did you read the article? he goes into pretty good detail about the damage an AR15 causes vs. damage from a pistol. it's worth a read.

17 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I understand but appeals to emotion are not great logical arguments.

maybe we need an emotional plea from someone who has had to deal with victim's of a shooting like this to wake up and get rid of certain weapons at our disposal that have no business being at our disposal in the first place.

clearly, there are certain guns that go beyond a reasonable application of the right to bear arms. the AR 15 is one of them.

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

maybe we need an emotional plea from someone who has had to deal with victim's of a shooting like this to wake up and get rid of certain weapons at our disposal that have no business being at our disposal in the first place.

clearly, there are certain guns that go beyond a reasonable application of the right to bear arms. the AR 15 is one of them.

Maybe, but I don't think an appeal to emotion is the right way to get there.  Everyone has their stories.