• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SI top 100 players list(Angels mentions)

popo85

87. ZACK COZART, ANGELS

Gabriel Baumgaertner: Cozart might be the most surprising name to appear on this list, but there's a good chance he'll be essential to the Angels' playoff chances in 2018. The former Reds shortstop has always been a capable hitter, but he compiled a career-best .297/.385/.548 with 24 homers and an eye-popping 141 OPS+ over 122 games last season.

65. IAN KINSLER, ANGELS

Jay Jaffe: Even in a season in which he set career worsts in batting average (.236) and OPS+ (90), Kinsler was still a league-average player thanks to his broad base of skills. 

47. JUSTIN UPTON, ANGELS

Jon Tayler: Quick, guess how old Justin Upton is. What number did you come up with? Was it in the mid-30s? It feels like Upton has been around forever since becoming the No. 1 pick of the 2005 draft, but despite entering what’ll be his 12th season in the majors in 2018, he’s still just 30 years old. It’s easy to forget just how young he is, and how productive he still can be: He raked to the tune of a .273/.361/.540 line last year with the Tigers and Angels, homering 35 times and making his fourth All-Star team

32. ANDRELTON SIMMONS, ANGELS

Jay Jaffe: Simmons is unquestionably the game's top defensive shortstop. Since 2012, a season in which he played only 49 games, he's racked up 163 Defensive Runs Saved, 93 more than second-ranked Brandon Crawford. But it's his maturation as a hitter that has turned him into one of the game's top players. In 2017, he set career highs in doubles (38), total bases (248), OBP (.331), SLG (421), OPS+ (103) and WAR (7.1).

1. MIKE TROUT, ANGELS

Jay Jaffe: Trout's combination of power, speed and defense make him the game's best player by a wide margin; his 26.7 WAR over the past three years is about five wins ahead of second-ranked Jose Altuve.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/02/15/top-100-players-top-10-mike-trout-jose-altuve

I did this manually so I may have missed a few but the Red Sox and Yankees both have 6 in the top 100. 

Red Sox   Yankees
6  Mookie Betts 13  Giancarlo Stanton
20  Chris Sale 14  Aaron Judge
61  J.D. Martinez 48  Gary Sanchez
63  Craig Kimbrel 56  Brett Gardner
74  Jackie Bradley Jr. 59  Luis Severino
94  David Price 83  Didi Gregorius

1 minute ago, OHTANILAND said:

4.9 war last season. He’s still pretty good. 

It may seem like I don't think he's very good, and while that's partially true, I just think there are better players that didn't break 100. But that's just kind of how a top 100 list works. There are more than 100 good ones and that creates disagreement.

6 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Geez I even watched the MLB Network this morning and they stopped everything to chime in and watch Stanton and Judge take BP. 

The Yankees and Red Sox own these networks. 

I'd watch Stanton and Judge take BP.  why is that a stretch?  111 hrs between the two of them last year.  

Don't kid yourself.  Angels are going to get a ton of pub this year.  people on both coasts are going to be questioning that.  

27 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'd watch Stanton and Judge take BP.  why is that a stretch?  111 hrs between the two of them last year.  

Don't kid yourself.  Angels are going to get a ton of pub this year.  people on both coasts are going to be questioning that.  

Im mainly looking forward to the ny post headlines the first time ohtani beats them.