• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Terrible Crash on 10 Freeway in Rialto

Truck was in the #3 lane before the accident. How do you lose control and cross two lanes plus the car pool lane, and then smash through the divider?!

On a related note, I'm noticing more and more people driving too damn fast on freeways and even surface streets. A vehicle came up to me extremely fast in my rear view mirror and almost hit me the other day on the 405. She must have doing 85 at least. Then the driver sped around me and across two lanes without signaling. She was driving a small bus that had something about "Kids Bus" on the side and writing in the back "Free transportation". Didn't appear to be any kids onboard, thankfully. What the hell's wrong with people these days?!

Edited by fan_since79

29 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Truck was in the #3 lane before the accident. How do you lose control and cross two lanes plus the car pool lane, and then smash through the divider?!

Really, like that is even a question? A loaded pumping truck traveling 70 mph has some jackass cut him off causing the truck to jackknife will plow through a damn building, a four foot tall guardrail is not stopping that.

That's about 5 tons of heavy steel that is no longer affected by the braking system, is mass times velocity squared/2  of kinetic force plowing across the road. 

Let's say the driver got the truck braked to 40 mph when he lost control and hit the guardrail. That comes up to 400,000 Joules of energy crossing the freeway. That's the energy of @9 tons of TNT.

*Disclaimer, I'm no physicists so my numbers may be off but you get the picture, that truck was a battering ram.

Edited by Blarg

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

On a related note, I'm noticing more and more people driving too damn fast on freeways and even surface streets. A vehicle came up to me extremely fast in my rear view mirror and almost hit me the other day on the 405. She must have doing 85 at least. Then the driver sped around me and across two lanes without signaling. She was driving a small bus that had something about "Kids Bus" on the side and writing in the back "Free transportation". Didn't appear to be any kids onboard, thankfully. What the hell's wrong with people these days?!

Was driving on the west side of Las Vegas on the 215 about three days ago, running the speed limit. Two vehicles blew past me like I wasn't moving, had to be going at least 90-95 MPH. Shocker of the day: California tags.

7 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

glendale is a mess with morons frequently speeding on surface streets. nothing seems to slow them down, and i find myself honking at more and more people each time I'm driving somewhere. people cut others off constantly, pedestrians cross streets and parking lots without looking up from their phones or even checking to see if it's safe to cross, and bicyclists have become absolute dicks on city streets, ignoring stop signs and signal lights regularly but then screaming loudly that they aren't respected by cars. heck, even parking lots of shopping centers around here are just an accident waiting to happen because people just won't wait patiently or drive/walk safely. people drive like they're walking through disneyland or the mall. it's no wonder our rate of accidents and pedestrian deaths is horribly high.

12 hours ago, wopphil said:

The biggest problem is that we have no CHP presence. There are way too few CHP officers so the likelihood of getting pulled over is quite slim.

At least three times a week at my offramp to home there is a CHP issuing a ticket and that's just when I happen to pass that way. 

I got pulled over on that same offramp by a CHP that mistook my SLK for a BMW that shot past me running about 90 in and out of the #1 lane, I was in the exit lane. Fought the ticket in court and won because the idiot correctly in court recited his notes saying he was following a green sports car (the color of the BMW). I proved my car was blue (to the laughter of the court and baliff). My wife was following me that night, he cut her off to pull in behind me doing 67. She made a convincing witness, he made a fool of himself.

On 2/16/2018 at 11:11 PM, Tank said:

glendale is a mess with morons frequently speeding on surface streets. nothing seems to slow them down, and i find myself honking at more and more people each time I'm driving somewhere. people cut others off constantly, pedestrians cross streets and parking lots without looking up from their phones or even checking to see if it's safe to cross, and bicyclists have become absolute dicks on city streets, ignoring stop signs and signal lights regularly but then screaming loudly that they aren't respected by cars. heck, even parking lots of shopping centers around here are just an accident waiting to happen because people just won't wait patiently or drive/walk safely. people drive like they're walking through disneyland or the mall. it's no wonder our rate of accidents and pedestrian deaths is horribly high.

Please leave the Armenians out of it!

On 2/17/2018 at 6:44 AM, m0nkey said:

I always used to use the carpool lane by myself to get to work. Then I saw 4 people pulled over in the carpool lane for driving solo in about a week so ever since then I stopped

Not gonna lie. I do this almost every day. It won't matter in 10 years when all the carpool lanes are replaced by toll lanes.