• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Recipe Of The Day: Shrimp and Grits

Easy Shrimp and Grits

A Classic Southern Dish

Shrimp and grits is one of those iconic Southern dishes that stir something deep inside those who grew up with them.

Originally from the oceanic South—Georgia, the Low Country coast of the Carolinas and Gulf Coast states all have their versions—this homey bowl of awesome was historically a simple fisherman’s breakfast: Grits, with some bacon and a few shrimp tossed on top.

If you’ve ever eaten it, you can understand why shrimp and grits has burst from the seaside shrimp shanties.

The grits are soft, buttery, and often cheesy, with a savory, bacon-studded sauce surrounding them, and lots and lots of shrimp. Maybe some parsley or green onions for color and crunch.

Continue reading "Shrimp and Grits" »

fWz3lruxp-c

View the full article

had never tried grits until i was in north carolina. figured i wasn't have a better shot at a good bowl of them anywhere else. asked others what to put on them (butter and cheese). had some at our hotel restaurant and they were very blah. one of the guys in my group said they weren't really good grits to begin with. so he and i were at a chain restuarant in the area (don't remember the name but they served blueberrry jam that was out-of-this-world good) and ordered the grits again. this time, they were absolutely delicious and i would have gladly ordered a second bowl from them. only had them with cheese and butter and i liked that combination. maybe a little garlic would also be nice. not sure what else i'd eat them with.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

had never tried grits until i was in north carolina. figured i wasn't have a better shot at a good bowl of them anywhere else. asked others what to put on them (butter and cheese). had some at our hotel restaurant and they were very blah. one of the guys in my group said they weren't really good grits to begin with. so he and i were at a chain restuarant in the area (don't remember the name but they served blueberrry jam that was out-of-this-world good) and ordered the grits again. this time, they were absolutely delicious and i would have gladly ordered a second bowl from them. only had them with cheese and butter and i liked that combination. maybe a little garlic would also be nice. not sure what else i'd eat them with.

3db20a27-5a06-4df9-b28d-a05b1f37bf78_screenshot.jpg