• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2018 Olympics

Had the games on for lunch.  They were showing the biathalon.  They actually made it pretty exciting.  8 guys all bunched up in the lead.  They hit the firing line where they have to hit 5 targets, and the French guy hit them all and took a commanding lead.  Then he hit them all again to seal his lead in the next firing line.  For Silver and Bronze, like 5 of those 8 hit the line together, and two of them didn't miss.  They fought it out till the end, where the young guy who was ranked like 50th in the world beat out the favorite with like 200 yards to go.  

I would like to see a new version of Biathlon. Instead of cross country skiing, let them shoot while downhill skiing. Now that would be a real challenge.

Also, I would suggest instead of team relay in speed skating, let it be like rollerball/roller derby and have everyone out there at the same time.

5 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

They can cross country ski to the jumping ramp, and they can skeet shoot the jumpers (with bean bags, of course).

I like it! Now we're thinking outside the box.

How about starting multiple luge sleds at the same time? Or multiple bobsleds that you can weaponize like in Mad Max?

16 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough, a friend growing up won gold in the olympics, and my next door neighbor today won a gold (not for the U.S.). I still cant get into it...respect the hell out of it...but...none of it seems "pro", so it bores the hell out of me.

that's pretty awesome, TORS. it won't happen with my neighbors because i live next to an armenian who's in his 60s and can't even keep his lawn mowed let alone be an elite athlete in anything.

Just turned on the Olympics and it is the Men's Figure skating preview and the crew of commentators is a three person team of some guy, a woman and some guy trying to be a woman in kind of an over the top 70's outfit. 

Just unwatchable. 

We are pandering to a subset of a subset of society.