• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Lets fool the Yankees

48 minutes ago, Stradling said:

“Should’ve already won 1-2 championships”

I’ll tell the five teams that spend more annually that they are supposed to win a championship every year.  

Strad, no matter how many ways you spin it, the Pujols acquisition was and still is a failed plan. The day we signed him there were threads and posts about how many championships we would win with Albert. The initial plan was to build a team around Albert but that plan was quickly extinguished when they figured out he was rapidly declining. Unexpectedly Trout actually saved the franchise from the abyss. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

no disrespect, but you would not be "forgive and forget".  The very next time he hit into a double play, you would want him released and would bitch about him again.  Hell, he could get that key hit to win the game and the next game if he hit into a double play you would wonder why he was playing.  

You’re wrong. 

I just doubt he’s gonna be able to play 60+ games at first base this season when he’s played around 30 total games at 1st the last 2 seasons combined. 

17 minutes ago, nando714 said:

You’re wrong. 

I just doubt he’s gonna be able to play 60+ games at first base this season when he’s played around 30 total games at 1st the last 2 seasons combined. 

Good news is he doesn’t have to play all those games at first, he just has to get a big hit in the World Series and he will be totally worth the contract. 

3 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

We should’ve already won 1-2 world championships with Pujols, Trout and Weaver. 

Based on what? I love weaver...but was he a top tier kershaw type?

Trout is god, and and lets say pujols was still the 2013 version (which is better than people remember). Do they hit enough, in 5 at bats a game, to make up for an almost decade of a shit bullpen? A poor farm? 

Does the combo of those 3 surpass the other front 3 of the teams who have won a ring since 2012?

NY, the dodgers, nats, boston etc etc have all outspent us since pujols....how many rings in there?

Miami alone had a better core than the one you mentioned (before fernandez), no ring.

Pujols was a horrible move, and we get it, you hate him. But hes not "the reason". In another thread today, you said cashman has done a good job...look at his spending from 2001 to today, and you see 2 ring....while outspending the world. Which is it? You cant have it both ways.

You seem to only argue, and switch your take, as long as its anti-angels.

I'm convinced we will never see any relievers on an Eppler-built team making more than $5-6m annually. He's said before he doesn't like spending money on the pen and that's an understatement given his tenure. Given his track record finding essentially free pitching, I can't disagree with him now. 

If he was willing to spend a few bucks, Addison Reed would be an Angel today and this would be moot. 

The White Sox and D'backs noticed and have gone the Eppler Bullpen Method to a T this offseason and I expect that we will snag a couple relievers on ST invite deals soon too.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

I'm convinced we will never see any relievers on an Eppler-built team making more than $5-6m annually. He's said before he doesn't like spending money on the pen and that's an understatement given his tenure. Given his track record finding essentially free pitching, I can't disagree with him now. 

If he was willing to spend a few bucks, Addison Reed would be an Angel today and this would be moot. 

The White Sox and D'backs noticed and have gone the Eppler Bullpen Method to a T this offseason and I expect that we will snag a couple relievers on ST invite deals soon too.

Smart, given that not many FA relievers have signed long term deals and prospered with that team

Be like the Skanks and develop your own.

Or, we make the trades and sign Darvish before they can :)    
Yes, we get nailed with luxury tax, but it might be worth it for those guys.  
It comes down to whether or not they actually plan to make a run at the next FA class.  Im not sure they do.  If they dont, let it reset next off season and move on about our business.