• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Super Bowl LII

Tank

10 hours ago, Brandon said:

I respect your posts and input overall, but your analysis is why the game sucks. To be honest, both of those were incomplete all season, but not in the spirit of the law and how the game should be played. I was glad the game was reffed the way it was and the way the reviews were handled. That said, every time they went to the booth I kept expecting the NFL to be the NFL.

The fact you had to post the way you do explains how the NFL sucks....but sounds like they may fix it......

The only sport that changes their guidelines yearly and caters to needs instead of fair sport. They make too much money on controversy...it's the blueprint Trump uses.

I don't disagree.  Between the over saturation of the NFL and the ridiculousness of some of the rules I've lost quite a bit of interest in the league.  

Still trying to figure out why Belichik decided to bench Butler.  He didn't have the best season but he was better than Rowe who got torched by Jeffrey on multiple plays.  Article on CBS has a Philly coach saying they couldn't believe Butler got benched as it was announced right as the game started.  Philly then planned to go after Rowe because the guy used to play for them and they knew Jeffrey was a mismatch for him.  Seems like NE got too cute at the wrong time.  

Bring on baseball.  

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Still trying to figure out why Belichik decided to bench Butler.  He didn't have the best season but he was better than Rowe who got torched by Jeffrey on multiple plays.  Article on CBS has a Philly coach saying they couldn't believe Butler got benched as it was announced right as the game started.  Philly then planned to go after Rowe because the guy used to play for them and they knew Jeffrey was a mismatch for him.  Seems like NE got too cute at the wrong time.  

Broke curfew and caught with weed, and then had a meltdown on the coaching staff.

13 minutes ago, NJHalo said:

Broke curfew and caught with weed, and then had a meltdown on the coaching staff.

If that's the reason then I don't blame them and he's an idiot for doing that before the Super Bowl.  Of course trying to get the real story out of the NE front office is a pretty futile effort.  So far they've said it wasn't for disciplinary reasons, that it gave them the best chance to win, that he was sick earlier in the week and then Belichik said he could go into a lot more detail which infers it's something else but gives up nothing.  They don't owe anyone an explanation and I can't imagine them deciding to bench him for a stupid reason.  Regardless, thankfully the lost so lets celebrate that.  

I thought you only had to get two feet down with control of the ball?   If so, Clement's catch was truly a TD because he still had control as the 2nd foot landed, and then bobbled after that. 

Surprised that no one yet commented that an NFL record (regular or post season) was set for most yards by two teams combined in a game (around 1,150 yards). 

14 hours ago, Blarg said:

There was zero officials chicanery like in the Patriots playoff games. I guess they decided to play it straight up since the Patriots were in and this wasn't regional or even national coverage, the entire world tuned in and biased refs wouldn't play well with a broader audience.

I think the best part of the officiating was the non calls. Not tossing a flag every third play because of incidental contact kept the game moving and let each side play uniterupted for the most part. 

The best part about the Superbowl is baseball starts in about week with pitchers and catchers showing up. 

this was what made it a good game. i kept thinking, "why isn't every game called like this?"

i did a head shake and sigh when they did the catch reviews. this shit is just nonsense with whats a catch and not a catch. in the spirit of the law and what most perceive as a catch played out. i think on both they have been called a no catch all season. glad to see they even came up with solid logic to keep them catches.

hoping for that to be the norm. i was waiting on that final drive for the flags to start coming out to raise the suspense and keep the drive alive if needed. i was even starting to type that here and then the sack strip happened at the same time.

2 hours ago, NJHalo said:

i see they didn't go the eugene robinson route with him like in 1998.

dude was out past curfew with hookers and it was a big deal and story in the pregame, but he ended up playing.

barrett robinson obviously takes the cake with his little dance down to tijuana and just straight up going mia.

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

i did a head shake and sigh when they did the catch reviews. this shit is just nonsense with whats a catch and not a catch. in the spirit of the law and what most perceive as a catch played out. i think on both they have been called a no catch all season. glad to see they even came up with solid logic to keep them catches.

well, everyone except cris collingsworth. other than that, no complaints.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

well, everyone except cris collingsworth. other than that, no complaints.

to be fair, the dude was going by how it's been called all year. that first one has been called a non-catch a lot this year.....they even made mention of one of the kansas city games this year. i know the second one he just said, "i don't even have an opinion on how this one will go" which how i feel all of us were.