• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Heyman: Angels have the best outfield in baseball

Chuck

Hicks projected 2018 (from Baseball Reference): .249/.330/.416/.747
Calhoun projected 2018 (from Baseball Reference):.255/.331/.416/.747

Hicks projected 2018 (from Steamers): .252/.341/.423/.764
Calhoun projected 2018 (from Steamers): .257/.337/.429/.766

Hicks has a lot better defense in a harder position, and has a bit more speed (Calhoun's defense numbers...they don't look great). Other than that, they are like clones of each other. Granted, one of them plays in a hitter's park, and the other one has red hair. Yanks DO have more real OF depth though, unless Hermosillo turns out to be a better than Ellsbury (which...isn't totally crazy).

38 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

This site is funny.

People dismiss the incredible depth of the Yankee OF with those four, and would instead like to talk about the Angel "depth" comprised of the bottom four who have never done anything of significance in the bigs. Many of them have never even hit in AA ball.

Even funnier when people can't tell a tongue in cheek comment....   Sometimes a person has to consider the source when they are responding.   Ettin is far from a homer, I doubt he'd rank the Angels MLB OF depth above that of the Yankees

Beyond that, he said systems, not actual OFs... 

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I really hope Judge is the modern day Steve Balboni or Ron Kittle or Joe Charbano. 

I don't -- he genuinely seems like a good dude.  I do however HOPE he gets a huge offer to return to the West coast just so Yankee fans go into butthurt mode.    I'd get a giggle out of that.

9 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Since 2014, which was Calhoun's first full season, he's had two good years and two mediocre years with the bat. His two good years with the bat came in 2014 and 2016. Looks like he will have a good 2018 with the bat and then play like a mediocre hitter in 2019.

Calhoun is an Irish, outfield version of Ervin Santana.

16 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

Hey my point was that John Heyman mr baseball expert completely forgot about Aaron Hicks. He’s their starting center fielder. How could he not know that?

Or he's dismissing his 2017 season in favor of the .223/.299/.346 (77 OPS+) batting line he had for his career prior to last war.  I like Hicks, but he's only had the one good season and turns 28 this year.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Or he's dismissing his 2017 season in favor of the .223/.299/.346 (77 OPS+) batting line he had for his career prior to last war.  I like Hicks, but he's only had the one good season and turns 28 this year.

No he completely disregarded Hicks. He is their starting center fielder. They’ve been trying to trade Ellsbury all winter.

6E133D01-4EC4-4418-ABD3-C84D89EF8955.jpeg

96B9BB1E-9C47-4386-9291-F450136124BE.jpeg

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Even funnier when people can't tell a tongue in cheek comment....   Sometimes a person has to consider the source when they are responding.   Ettin is far from a homer, I doubt he'd rank the Angels MLB OF depth above that of the Yankees

Beyond that, he said systems, not actual OFs... 

But the original subject was best OF in baseball. Not the best system.

I dont think it was tongue in cheek at all. I just think he decided to go deeper than the 25 man roster, which was irrelevant to the discussion.

Everyone goes with four OFers. That's germane to the discussion of best OF in baseball. But not minor leaguers at the A level and below.

But go ahead and circle the wagons. I get that I am an outsider still. I can't consider the source;  I have to go by what's written.

2 hours ago, OHTANILAND said:

No he completely disregarded Hicks. He is their starting center fielder. They’ve been trying to trade Ellsbury all winter.

I get that -- I gave you a reason WHY he may have done that.   

Hicks career OPS+ prior to last year was, 77.  Ellsbury for all the talk about how awful he's been as a Yankeee has posted a OPS+ of 95 during his time in Pinstripes and 97 last year.. 

Aaron Hicks through his age 27 season has a career OPS+ of 86 and 5.8 WAR.   Cameron Maybin was at 8.8 WAR and a OPS+ of 87.

Btw... Did you happen to notice the disclaimer in the picture you linked....  The one that makes it clear the depth chart is projected by mlb.com and  isn't subject to Yankees approval?...  Bet you didnt .

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I get that -- I gave you a reason WHY he may have done that.   

Hicks career OPS+ prior to last year was, 77.  Ellsbury for all the talk about how awful he's been as a Yankeee has posted a OPS+ of 95 during his time in Pinstripes and 97 last year.. 

Aaron Hicks through his age 27 season has a career OPS+ of 86 and 5.8 WAR.   Cameron Maybin was at 8.8 WAR and a OPS+ of 87.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

But the original subject was best OF in baseball. Not the best system.

I dont think it was tongue in cheek at all. I just think he decided to go deeper than the 25 man roster, which was irrelevant to the discussion.

Everyone goes with four OFers. That's germane to the discussion of best OF in baseball. But not minor leaguers at the A level and below.

But go ahead and circle the wagons. I get that I am an outsider still. I can't consider the source;  I have to go by what's written.

Breathe....   

Not that it matters but I don't see you as an outsider at all... In fact, you're around enough and I've seen enough of your posts that I genuinely believed you'd be more familiar with Ettin and his style...

Thats all Im saying...