• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

New Report: Albert Pujols, “I feel healthy 100 percent..."

KevinJ14

19 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

What's his time in the 50 yard dash? Do we clock him with a stop watch or an hour glass?

18 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Sun dial

As Einstein noted it really depends on your frame of reference. In Albert's case it may be an inertial frame of reference to ours, with our butts sitting behind the computer screen, creating an inertial system, making the accelerometer reading zero.

12 minutes ago, ettin said:

As Einstein noted it really depends on your frame of reference. In Albert's case it may be an inertial frame of reference to ours, with our butts sitting behind the computer screen, creating an inertial system, making the accelerometer reading zero.

Ettin how could you?  My thoughts and feelings matter and I totally make a difference.  Besides any Star Trek afficiano knows you're totally off base.

18 hours ago, True Grich said:

The fact remains that he didn't have any surgery this off season for the first time in at least a couple...

I'm hoping for the best.  I hope he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder.  No one here really knows what kind of year he will have.  I'm rooting for him.  I see him feeling great as a good sign.  I'm excited

...until the first weak grounder to the left side of the infield.

On 1/30/2018 at 8:47 AM, Adam said:

If he's still 250 pounds it doesn't matter how he feels

Per a convo I had with someone who’s close to the team . Albert lost 20-25 pounds. This is a legit guy who works for the org.

We’ll see if it’s true in a couple of weeks but that’s what he told me

17 hours ago, Hubs said:

Honestly just playing half of his total games at 1B increases his WAR by some small amount.

I believe the DH is a -17.5 Run adjustment (for 162 games) and at 1B it's -12.5.

Not if he sucks at first base like he did last year. Either way though, him playing first base improves his positional adjustment, but it hurts whoever else is playing DH on a given day. In other words it might help Alberts war but overall it probably is a net negative for the team as a whole.

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Not if he sucks at first base like he did last year. Either way though, him playing first base improves his positional adjustment, but it hurts whoever else is playing DH on a given day. In other words it might help Alberts war but overall it probably is a net negative for the team as a whole.

not if it allows Ohtani to DH and he hits well.  Otherwise, it's Cron/Valbuena at 1b with AP dhing.  Cron is a better defensive 1bman than AP right now but probably not by a ton.  LVB sucks at 1b defense so he's probably a wash.  

Therefore, it comes down to the difference between having Cron or Valbueana's bat in the lineup vs. Ohtani.  

9 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

This isn’t a pitcher hitting. A LF playing shallow enough to try to throw him out at first will look like a grandstanding douche when he gets burned and Albert is meandering into second with a gift double 

Will never happen.  Pujols will have to hit it to RF to do that.

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

If Albert can bat .250 with a 300+ obp and 25+ HR's I'm ok with that at this point in his career. It makes the albatross more bearable.

I hear you, but I fear it will be more like .230 with a .260 OBP. You might get the 25 home runs though.

The maddening thing is, he'll be doing this from the cleanup spot all year long. And the GIDP's will probably be through the roof.

On 1/30/2018 at 12:31 AM, Angelsjunky said:

BSOHL aside, I have also said that I think he'll dead-cat bounce a bit in 2018, maybe hit something like 2016. Pretty much what Scotty said.

Best-case scenario: .270/.320/.550 with 40 HR.

More likely: .250/.300/.470 with 30-35 HR.

Those are pretty good numbers for 90 percent of the league.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

not if it allows Ohtani to DH and he hits well.  Otherwise, it's Cron/Valbuena at 1b with AP dhing.  Cron is a better defensive 1bman than AP right now but probably not by a ton.  LVB sucks at 1b defense so he's probably a wash.  

Therefore, it comes down to the difference between having Cron or Valbueana's bat in the lineup vs. Ohtani.  

I think you are being a little optimistic. I will be surprised if Ohtani does out hit Cron / Valbuena... assuming someone gets regular at bats from that group. Last year Albert was awful at first... far worse than Valbuena, and Cron actually looked good. 

AP will be a huge defensive downgrade from Cron, unless he has truly aged backwards a few years, then it'll be a wash at best. Ohtani's bat at DH is mostly just the cost of us getting to have him pitch for the league minimum. I hope he doesn't cost us too much here. Pujols is also unlikely to out hit Cron or Valbuena but he will get the bulk of at bats.

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

If Albert has any physical ailments that limit his work at first base it’s going to disrupt the entire plan for Ohtani at DH. I’m actually concerned about our aging right side of the infield. Not much range between Pujols and Kinsler. 

3 minutes ago, OHTANILAND said:

If Albert has any physical ailments that limit his work at first base it’s going to disrupt the entire plan for Ohtani at DH. I’m actually concerned about our aging right side of the infield. Not much range between Pujols and Kinsler. 

Kinsler has great range.  Best rating in baseball last year.  2nd best overall defensive rating.  What orifice did you pull that out of?