• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

New Report: Albert Pujols, “I feel healthy 100 percent..."

KevinJ14

LOS ANGELES ANGELS

• Albert Pujols is looking to get back to his previous all-world form, or at least closer to it. Pujols was recently quoted as saying, “I feel healthy 100 percent. I haven’t felt like this in five years. I’m ready to play first base.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/inside-baseball-mlb-notes-are-the-brewers-done-dealing/

49 minutes ago, KevinJ14 said:

LOS ANGELES ANGELS

• Albert Pujols is looking to get back to his previous all-world form, or at least closer to it. Pujols was recently quoted as saying, “I feel healthy 100 percent. I haven’t felt like this in five years. I’m ready to play first base.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/inside-baseball-mlb-notes-are-the-brewers-done-dealing/

What's his time in the 50 yard dash? Do we clock him with a stop watch or an hour glass?

Honestly though, I think Albert will have a better season than he had in 2016 and 2017. He won't be an all-star or anything, and he'll still have holes in his game (struggles not pulling the ball, poor OBP), but I think his BA and HR's will all trend upward.

I think he'll deliver .250/.300 and 35 HR's.

But inevitably I think this will he Albert's last hurrah. Next year it won't be pretty and with Thaiss and Ohtani pushing for AB's at 1B and DH, cone 2020 Albert will choose to be a player-coach, logging the occasional start at DH but for the most part serving as a coach and mentor.

Even if he isn't producing, he's still Albert Pujols, and that carries a lot of weight in the clubhouse and front office. 

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

BSOHL aside, I have also said that I think he'll dead-cat bounce a bit in 2018, maybe hit something like 2016. Pretty much what Scotty said.

Best-case scenario: .270/.320/.550 with 40 HR.

More likely: .250/.300/.470 with 30-35 HR.

If he is your best case scenario then he will be very good.  I am thinking more like your more likely but with 5 less homers.  

All cynicism aside, I applaud his endurance if nothing else especially given the personal pain and rehabbing.  If he hits 83 more home runs before he retires, he will finish 4th all time behind a steroid freak (Bonds), Hank Aaron (a 1950's player), and Babe Ruth (a 1920's player) and that would be quite remarkable.  86 more gets him into the 700 club.  The real question is can he do this and boost his team's chances of winning in the playoffs.  I think some of the focus on Pujols' career and milestones indirectly can take some of the pressure off Ohtani's performance with casual fans.  Who knows what his performance will be like in 2018, but I trust that he will give it his best shot, and hopefully it helps overall team performance.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

This sounds familiar

When I saw the thread preview on the main page I said to myself "This better not be some nonsense on how he feels the best he's been in a while or that his feet and legs are 100%" Call me doubting Thomas on this report