• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

BA organization rankings

7 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Food for thought: last year, the Marlins's minor league system was ranked 29th/30. Over their off season, the Marlins were able to sell off their entire outfield (#1 outfield by WAR last year, by the way) for prospects and they were able to claw their way up 10 spots, to 19th/30. They may have destroyed their mlb team, but they made some serious quick progress in their minors.

The Angels were ranked 30th/30 last year. Literally the only team worse than the Marlins. Instead of selling off our majors, since this list was made, we have added Upton, Cozart, and Kinsler to our major league team (Ohtani too, kinda, but he is counted in these minor league rankings and we don't want to count him twice). Despite adding these pieces, and not really trading away any MLB pieces, we were able to shoot up 16 places, flying past the Marlins.

Mike Trout is the most valuable human in our organization. Billy Eppler is a close second.

Great post, @krAbs!

13 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Food for thought: last year, the Marlins's minor league system was ranked 29th/30. Over their off season, the Marlins were able to sell off their entire outfield (#1 outfield by WAR last year, by the way) for prospects and they were able to claw their way up 10 spots, to 19th/30. They may have destroyed their mlb team, but they made some serious quick progress in their minors.

The Angels were ranked 30th/30 last year. Literally the only team worse than the Marlins. Instead of selling off our majors, since this list was made, we have added Upton, Cozart, and Kinsler to our major league team (Ohtani too, kinda, but he is counted in these minor league rankings and we don't want to count him twice). Despite adding these pieces, and not really trading away any MLB pieces, we were able to shoot up 16 places, flying past the Marlins.

Mike Trout is the most valuable human in our organization. Billy Eppler is a close second.

Yeah this cannot be under stated, huge jump without gutting the club, well done.  

50 minutes ago, krAbs said:

Good post.  I think it's also important to note that not only were we 30th in 2016, but Keith Law called it the worst he's ever seen.  Which means that we made up more than just 16 spots in two years.  But there are a couple of things at play here:

1.  As many will attest, these rankings don't mean a whole hell of a lot.  We knew our farm stunk.  We know it's gotten better.  

2.  It's all about perception and momentum.  We've got some of that now so the pundits are starting to take notice.  

3.  Where we are ranked or where a national publication ranks one of our players likely has zero impact on what that player is worth in trade to another team or how that player performs for their career in professional baseball.  

To your point, Eppler and his team has improved the player currency value of this franchise by leaps and bounds in two years.   The Marlins on the other hand, while improving their farm, have not significant player currency value.   

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

CATALINA WINE MIXER

I shall have to edit -- I'm ashamed of myself right now!   I know Ferrell rubs a lot of people the wrong way but I love that flick and there is no excusing misquoting that one..    

In fact -- I'm going to pull a AngelOracle and self ban myself...

6 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

I shall have to edit -- I'm ashamed of myself right now!   I know Ferrell rubs a lot of people the wrong way but I love that flick and there is no excusing misquoting that one..    

I guess I'm drinking that Boone's Hill in private e-mail by myself then....

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Please no, you're an old timer and actually make sense.  Seem to know grammar and all.  And you know Angels baseball!

9 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

It was almost like one of those movies coming on basic cable when they change the cuss words.

11 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Fixed.

I was pretty open about our farm being pathetic 2-3 years ago. Last year I disagreed, thought we were better than others thought.

I think this year, people are beginning to catch on. All it took was Ohtani and Maitan.

I think in two years, we'll be up toward the top. Adell, Marsh, Jones, Canning, Rodriguez and whoever we draft this year will be in the upper minors or knocking on the door. 

It's thing to have talented kids in Rookie Ball and another entirely to have them in AA.