• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Source: Angels "have to be" in on Darvish

Second Base

4 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

I don't think the Angels have any shot at Ohtani. You guys can whip up any scenario you want, but there's no way he chooses us over the Yankees, Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers and Mariners. It's just not going to happen.

It's too bad you can't edit the quoted date, would lead to a whole other level of trolling to falsely show this was posted on December 2nd.

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

I don't think the Angels have any desire to spend the money/years required to get Darvish. You guys can whip up any scenario you want but it's just not going to happen.

Arte is done spending big this season. He tapped out when he wrote the pleasantly surprising but very unexpected $20M posting check to the Ham Fighters. I think any additional acquisitions this offseason will require apples for apples trade deals. 

1 hour ago, OHTANILAND said:

Arte is done spending big this season. He tapped out when he wrote the pleasantly surprising but very unexpected $20M posting check to the Ham Fighters. I think any additional acquisitions this offseason will require apples for apples trade deals. 

That $20M posting will be more than covered by the $50M he will get from the sell of MLBtv. I still doubt he signs Darvish but not because of the posting fee.

31 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I'm with the sign him if he takes a discount crew. Offer like 3/90 or 4/100.

Neither of those are discounts.  They are in terms of years, but he’s not getting $30 million and if he gets $25 million it will be from a borderline team trying to make a statement like Minnesota or Milwaukee. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea mlbtr probably did that estimate based on a regular off season. This hasn’t been that. I wonder what they projected Cozart at?  Or Chatwood. 

3/$42M and 3/$20M respectively.  GIYF.

Both got identical 3/$38M contracts.  (I think we got the much better deal!)

9 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

That $20M posting will be more than covered by the $50M he will get from the sell of MLBtv. I still doubt he signs Darvish but not because of the posting fee.

Arte has already committed $200M+ to fill this seasons roster. We really shouldn’t expect him to commit another $20M until he knows for sure that this current group is not just another 6-14 April.

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

I think we are out unless the bottom really falls out on him getting any offers and we present the one and only (lowball) offer. 

In which case I wouldn't want him. In fact I think I don't want him anyway.

Nothing about this off-season has been normal -- for as slow as it's been it's at least been interesting and everything on the Angels front has been a positive.   Anyone speaking in absolutes still hasn't been paying attention -- prolly gonna be a wild ride once one of the remaining names signs.  

There are a few guys that really would be well served taking a one year pillow contract and re-entering the FA pool next season, Moustakas maybe more than anyone.