• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Blake Parker agrees to $1.8 million deal with Angels

Pitcher Blake Parker avoided arbitration by agreeing on Thursday to a $1.8 million salary for 2018, leaving the Angels with eight arbitration-eligible players.

The deadline for teams and players to exchange figures is Friday, and most of the Angels’ eligible players are likely to reach agreements by the end of the day. Even after numbers are filed, the sides can continue to negotiate until the hearing. Hearings are scheduled for February.

The Angels’ other eligible players, in order of service time, are catcher Martin Maldonado, pitchers Garrett Richards, Matt Shoemaker, Tyler Skaggs and Jose Alvarez, first baseman C.J. Cron and pitchers Cam Bedrosian and JC Ramirez.

Pitcher Andrew Heaney agreed to an $800,000 salary on Tuesday. The Angels agreed on a $1.45 million deal with pitcher Blake Wood in December, just before the deadline for tendering deals to arbitration-eligible players.

View the full article

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Depends on the size of one.   A friend of mine has a 36 foot motorhome, and gets a whopping 6 miles/gallon (ugh).   Needless to say, they don't take it on long trips.

I wonder how many miles/gallon you get on yacht fuel? I'm sure size plays into it. :D

59 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Am I missing something about Blake Wood? It’s an honest question. He was terrible with the Reds AND Angels last year. Now Noe Ramirez is someone we should be talking about 

Good GB% rate particularly to the right side of the infield into our super mega-vacuum SS/3B combination.

16 hours ago, OregonLAA said:

Am I missing something about Blake Wood? It’s an honest question. He was terrible with the Reds AND Angels last year. Now Noe Ramirez is someone we should be talking about 

He had two games back to back I think where he got hammered on solo HRs, otherwise was pretty good. Great BB:K. For $1.45m, totally worth it. Anytime you can get an MLB-tested arm who has shown some level of success before for about a million bucks it's totally worth it. Easy contract to cut ties with too. 

On 1/13/2018 at 12:52 AM, OregonLAA said:

Nah, it's more a case of guys not missing him enough...    He's your classic hard FB/Slider type..   Wood throws hard, average velocity for his career is almost 97 MPH, but he will flatten out and sometimes leaves the ball up.   When he's on he's a GB inducing machine with a couple out pitches.  When he's off he can't locate anything, leaves the ball up and bad things can happen. 

I think the Angels with Nagy are looking to change his sequencing and the sort..   He's essentially been someone else's GB inducing Kevin Jepsen for most of his career.  By that I mean everything he brings to the table argues he should be better than what he's shown to date...