• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Coming AFTER Thanksgiving 2013

I packed some energy drinks and protein bars. Thankfully. Michelle's labor was 17 hours. You should get a chance to rest/nap but don't expect a comfortable place to sleep. Is laina getting the needle? If yes, she will probably give you a few hours to rest up.

Mountain Dew and Snickers...check. She does not want the needle, but that may change just before the crest.

The time is already almost here. My wife is getting her hospital bag ready and it dawned on me...does a guy also need a bag? What the heck should a guy pack for? So far I have my phone charger, deodorant, and ear plugs. Do I have everything covered?

Something to keep you entertained while you are there, maybe a deck of cards or an iPad.  Depending on how things happen there could be hours of sitting there, waiting for the contractions to be close enough to start the proceedings.

Also, something for her to squeeze if you value your hand.  A small stuffed animal works.

Finally, something comfortable to sleep in, all hospitals are different but all I had to sleep on was a bench that converted into a kind of day bed.  Sleeping in Dickies and a polo shirt wasn't very comfortable.

Also lots of 1 dollar bills for vending machines/coffee.

Edited by nate

Take a sweatshirt or something you can pull on and off as it gets cooler and warmer and cooler and warmer

Movies for your computer or if the room has a DVD player (ours did. The first movie my son and I watched together was Anchorman)

iPod

Mouthwash - it might be a while before you get the chance to brush and there will be a lot of people coming to see you and your family.

The camera. Do not forget the camera.

Take a sweatshirt or something you can pull on and off as it gets cooler and warmer and cooler and warmer

Movies for your computer or if the room has a DVD player (ours did. The first movie my son and I watched together was Anchorman)

iPod

Mouthwash - it might be a while before you get the chance to brush and there will be a lot of people coming to see you and your family.

The camera. Do not forget the camera.

Pervert

We had a plan when Stradling was going into labor with their first. My job as unkadoug extraordinaire was to get the phone call and swing by the gourmet pig to get my brother a Big Oink sandwich. The gourmet pig may be gone but you will want something substantial to keep up your strength. Nourishment will be needed. Adrenaline will keep you awake but caffeine can make you edgy and your job is to be there for mom. Please keep us updated as there is nothing more life affirming than new life itself. Plus some of us need some positivity after the Taliban invasion in the World Series.

My wife has had four labors and she did one without the needle......Urge for the needle.

The hospital we delivered at had a library of movies and teen wolf was included so that was pretty sweet.

Do whatever your wife tells you to even when you know it will not make a difference.

Enjoy the day. It is amazing. Just amazing.

Something to keep you entertained while you are there, maybe a deck of cards or an iPad.  Depending on how things happen there could be hours of sitting there, waiting for the contractions to be close enough to start the proceedings.

Also, something for her to squeeze if you value your hand.  A small stuffed animal works.

Finally, something comfortable to sleep in, all hospitals are different but all I had to sleep on was a bench that converted into a kind of day bed.  Sleeping in Dickies and a polo shirt wasn't very comfortable.

Also lots of 1 dollar bills for vending machines/coffee.

All good advise.

Especially the hand. My wife almost broke mine. They get super human strength during contractions and they look at you like it's all your fault.

Most hospitals have a cafeteria to get snacks and take a break.

• 4 weeks later...