• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

More Andrelton Simmons p0rn

Chuck

42 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

In 2021, he's what, 31 for the majority of the season?    Five year extension beyond 2020 to take him to age 35 for most of 2025?

As I'm sure you clearly recall AO we discussed a possible Simmons extension in the Angelswin.com 2018 Primer Series: Middle Infield: http://thesportsdaily.com/angels-win/angelswin-com-2018-primer-series-middle-infield/

What am I thinking? I'm sure it just slipped your mind! :awesome-smiley-emoticon:

16 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

If I remember correctly, Ozzie was more jaw-droppingly acrobatic, but didn't have Andrelton's arm. I also think that Andrelton is, overall, just as efficient as Ozzie was, just without the Globetrotter pizazz.

so I know people will disagree, but I feel like Ozzie was the guy that got to the ball that he seemed to have no chance at.  Whereas Simmons is surprisingly already there when you don't expect him to be.  

3 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

And 90% of this board was pissed we traded for him.  

Guilty. And hes become my fave, moreso than 27 (which I know is weird). 

I really, really hope his bat holds up. If it does, i dont see how hes not considered in the running for team MVP. Yes, Trout is out of this world. But Simmons' value I dont think gets recognized as much as it should. Not saying he doesnt get pub...but i think its fair to say his defense is on par with mikes offense....i dont think he gets that kind of pub.

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Ozzie was the king of the AstroTurf shortstops. Got to balls nobody else could get to and still got it across the diamond in time. Playing shortstop has changed since then with much more scouting and positioning info and no more super fast surfaces 

Wasn't it Ozzie that perfected the one hop throw to 1B when it was a longer throw?

5 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

And 90% of this board was pissed we traded for him.  

this needs the proper perspective, erstad.

most people were pissed because it seemed like we overpaid to get him by giving up the top two pitching prospects in the organization plus out starting SS. Many here hadn't really watched Simmons play, and his hitting stats were pretty unimpressive. it felt like we got fleeced on this deal.

fortunately, simmons was tons better than what we expected, aybar fizzled badly, and the two pitching prospects haven't amounted to anything. This trade ended up being a huge win for the angels, and i've never been so glad to be wrong.

Edited by Tank

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol at the people saying they only hated it because of who we had to give up.

Newsflash: that means you hated the trade. 

37 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I disliked the trade but far from pissed we got him.   I was pissed with what we gave up.  

just because someone disagrees with the parameters of a trade, doesn't mean they can't like the player they received in return.  

loved he Heaney for Howie trade.  Hated giving up Howie though as he was one of my favorite players.  

Hated the vernon wells trade.  didn't like what we gave up or the player in return.  

like the Trumbo trade but was bummed to give him up. 

meh on the Kinsler trade.  

didn't like the Espinosa trade

meh on the Upton trade.  Like Upton.  Don't like what we gave up.  Don't like that it guaranteed nothing in terms of additional control.  

News flash:  It's not black or white.  I am pretty sure I know how to hate, kinda hate, kinda like or like something.  Or anywhere in between.