• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Most consistent hitter in MLB

Garret Anderson -- for a ten year period he was -- I kept thinking he was getting into HOF territory if he kept the pace up.

during a 10-15 year run he averaged 180 hits a season and during his era consistently was among the top 5 in total hits over 5 to 10 year measurement period.

Today's its probably Trout and Altuve in that territory.

32 minutes ago, disarcina said:

if we have two of them -- I am guessing TROUT and, and ?? I'd say Simmons but he was hurt last year........Calhoun? Don't say Pujols -- but he may have the stats actually.

I guess they don't count the GIDPs

Top the link no need to guess...second one is Upton.

I'm still not used to Upton being a Halo.............

consistent over time to me means guy on same team for a period of time as well.

Oh well, now Upton will be here for a while...........geez - all of sudden we have one of the better OF's in baseball.........

Simmons? I hope he didn't peak last year at the plate.........I think if he's placed right in the line up -- last year will not have been a 'peak' year for him.

Hey folks -- the challenge the Halos face next season is where do you bat Pujols in the line up?  If Halos are forced to keep him in the three or four spot -- well, that's a lot of GIDPs and runs off the board.  I'd move Pujols way down and Simmons up to sixth, maybe fifth.

2 hours ago, disarcina said:

Garret Anderson -- for a ten year period he was -- I kept thinking he was getting into HOF territory if he kept the pace up.

during a 10-15 year run he averaged 180 hits a season and during his era consistently was among the top 5 in total hits over 5 to 10 year measurement period.

Today's its probably Trout and Altuve in that territory.

Before GA started his problems with arthritus, he was extremely consistent. I want to say up until about 2005 or so, only arod and jeter had more hits than he did.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Before GA started his problems with arthritus, he was extremely consistent. I want to say up until about 2005 or so, only arod and jeter had more hits than he did.

I am a big GA fan, but here is a remarkable stat: he had only two full seasons where his OPS+ exceeded 104. His career OPS+ was 102. By comparison, Kole Calhoun's career OPS+ is 110. 

I always thought GA was a better player than that, but he wasnt. He was a league average player who had two very good full seasons, and a couple other good partial seasons.

3 hours ago, Throwman91 said:

Simmons likely peaked as a hitter last season., Upton likely too, it's a good thing we got Ohtani to shore up some of the offensive loss, I think he'll be a .280 ish hitter for us this year.  Really pulling for Pujols to get his swing together because that would be a big upgrade because his temp replacement Cron can swing.  Cozart will likely regress back to .250 and Calhoun should improve and bat around .280 because he's shown the ability if he's not swinging for power.

images.jpeg