• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

New Year's Eve in Times Square

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

The good news is that that's too cold for middle eastern dudes.

They're still going to make each one of those million people pass through two separate, and very thorough checkpoints. Bomb-sniffing dogs, heavily armed police, the works.

But you're probably right. The terrorists are smart enough to stay inside.

I've never understood it.  Once you're in you can't go in and out, your crammed in like sardines, I've been told there really aren't any bathrooms and I think women even have a hard time getting a purse in not that I'd want any one I know holding one because it's the perfect situation to get it stolen.  Even if it were 70 degrees and perfect I'd have zero desire to go when I can watch from my couch and avoid the madhouse. 

if i were younger, lived closer, and didn't mind the cold weather, i'd probably once just to say i'd been. other than that, it holds the same appeal to me as going to the rose parade. i've been to the parade twice and don't ever plan to go again, even though it's less than 5 miles from my house. my wife and i will step outside and watch the plane fly by our house as it heads to pasadena to officially start the parade, and then we'll go back inside where it's warm and there's good food and no line to use the can.

2 hours ago, the dude abides said:

Holy crap!

does urine freeze before it hits the ground at those temps?

Asking for myself.

Why are you peeing outside in those conditions? Maybe that's a better issue to address for your freakshow desires.

with all due respect, of course.

when i was kid in the 60s and 70s, i don't remember the ball drop being a very big deal. maybe it was and i just wasn't aware of it, but it seems that in the last 10-15 years, it's become the center of the world for american tv audiences.

2.5 hours to go until that stupid ball drops.

i wonder how bad the traffic/crowds are once it's all over. can't imagine it's easy to get home very quickly from there.

*still probably easier, safer, and quicker than leaving a dodgers game

...and the chances of frostbite rise considerably with the amount of alcohol consumed.

The expected low of 7 degrees tonight is 21 degrees lower than average for NY on this date.

Extreme lows all across the northern part of the country, while the Southwest is having much higher temps than normal. I think it might get down to 49 tonight here.