• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

RIP Rose Marie

20 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

One of the great comedy casts.

I remember hearing that she was connected to the Rat Pack back in the day.

sports journalist roy firestone says she was also connected to al capone. not sure how, but it sounds intriguing.

How did you meet Al Capone?

I was working at the Palace Theater in Chicago with Milton Berle. I must have been 10 or 11. My father traveled with me and the doorman [at the theater] told my father there was a man outside who wanted to see him. It was Al Capone. This big limousine was there and this man said, “Hi, Happy” — my father had a nickname, Happy Hank — “we want to see your kid. The boys love her and want to meet her. I want you to come over to the house for dinner.” I kept looking at my father like, who the hell is this? The next day a limousine picks me up about 4 p.m. and we drove to Cicero and went into a house. There was this long, long table, in the living room, with about 24 chairs and these guys are sitting around there and they all wanted to meet me. They all gave me a hug and a kiss and said, “We think you’re wonderful, you take care of yourself, Baby” — everyone called me “Baby” at that time — and Al Capone picked me up in his arms and said, “Anything you want and anything you need, you let Uncle Al know — and you call me Uncle Al from now on.”

Did you ever need a favor from him?

Oh, a couple of times (laughs).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/08/14/how-hollywood-legend-rose-marie-befriended-uncle-al-capone/amp/