• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Apple TV

Tank

2 hours ago, Jobu said:

Apple TV is going to be a smoother experience, and if you're into iTunes shit, it's the only way. Fire TV Stick presents Amazon video real nice and runs all the major apps (except they are fighting with Google at the moment so no YouTube). 

Big advantage of the Fire Stick is that you can load Kodi on to it, and that's the gateway to all the "free cable" grey market stuff. Others here are more knowledgeable on that. 

Thats what i originally bought it for. Didnt know the name of the app, but a guy I knew told me to buy one and hed set it up. I flaked on giving it to hin, havent seen him in a year or so, so its just sat there.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

by the way, there is a difference between hbo go and hbo now....the later is just streaming only and is trash. att gave me directv now for free for awhile to try and it came with hbo for free, but I found out it was just hbo now which is just live streaming. I think they were working on dvr capabilities, but if it's the same price as regular hbo go just get that and watch and download at your own pace.

they say they are the same thing, but they aren't. they preach it as hbo now is the stand alone product like it's own app and for hbo go you need to already have hbo service (thus hbo go is free). I have playstation cue and hbo is free for me. I just type in my credentials into the hbo go app and have full access and can download shows to my tablet to take to work, flights, or just random spots.

I can stream at home, on my phone, on my tablet, on my work computer. it's pretty badass. most tablets are wifi only, but I used my phone as a hotspot before and ran streaming no problem as my iPad and iPhone synced with no issue automatically.

So would you say playstation vue is a good buy? Worth it? I have a ps4 i dont really ever use, but i figure thats cheaper than buying a new smart tv.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

So would you say playstation vue is a good buy? Worth it? I have a ps4 i dont really ever use, but i figure thats cheaper than buying a new smart tv.

so far, so good. think I've had it since September. I don't game much anymore, but I have all my apps on there (Netflix, amazon, Hulu, etc.) so the ps4 has kind of become my main hub like a fire stick, appletv, roku, smart tv, etc.

I like that it's live tv, but also works the way hbo go does where everything is also on demand or if you jump into the middle of a movie there is a restart button and some movies will replay from the beginning.

I have all the channels they provide for the most part, but when you set up your account you can create favorites for channels that show first on the guide and I really just cycle through the same sports channels with hbo and showtime thrown in. what I found is how little I watch tv now or how little channels I really use.

what's also cool is playstation due is a legit provider, so you have free access to all the channels with apps like ESPN go, fox sports go, etc. even cable channels like tnt or fx where I found some shows I like, they seemed to update quicker on demand through the tv shows app, so I plug in the playstation credentials and can watch the shows sooner through their apps opposed to waiting for on demand to be uploaded.

like you, I also need to set up kodi. it's been sitting on my table for months now. 

I think they still have where you can try it for free for a week. after that they have tiers and I did the higher one for $75 a month.

Edited by Brandon

I still find FIOS a lot simpler than going to whatever app you think you want to watch then scroll through thousands of selections you don't want only to find out you are on Amazon Prime instead of Netflix, have to close that out and boot Netflix, deal with it's library of crap... All the rest is a shit ton of app and library management. It's slow and clunky at this stage of development. 

Or on FIOS press 586 and be on the MLB channel then press 576 for the Angels. Yes, I pay way too much to watch baseball, the food channel and some HBO series. And I do use my PS4 for the Netflix and Amazon account when I'm not on a first person shooter. 

@Brandon, just re-read your last post. The nail on head is how much tv you dont actually watch. Ive been paying for the premier package for years, with all the channels, and i literally only watch thr movie channels. Im consistently out of touch with new movies because i never see commercials until baseball comes around again. (And even then im usually at work, so not even watching).

So if i can save money by getting the apps for hbo, showtime, starz, etc, and stop paying for the other 1000, im straight.

48 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

@Brandon, just re-read your last post. The nail on head is how much tv you dont actually watch. Ive been paying for the premier package for years, with all the channels, and i literally only watch thr movie channels. Im consistently out of touch with new movies because i never see commercials until baseball comes around again. (And even then im usually at work, so not even watching).

So if i can save money by getting the apps for hbo, showtime, starz, etc, and stop paying for the other 1000, im straight.

pretty much. if i was just by myself i would get the base package (like $35) and include the sports package.

edit: i just checked and the reason i have the top tier "ultra" package is because it includes all the stand alones whereas if i bought those separately, it would come out to the same or a little more in price.

i think the only thing it doesn't have is starz, which is coming to the platform or i will simply purchase as a stand alone once power comes back on.

i've found it to include everything i normally watch at a fraction of the cost. i even order the ufc fights through the playstation store and get access for 48 or 72 hours. and because i have the playstation membership dealio needed, i get discounts on everything.

5 hours ago, mrwicked said:

yep. i just watched first episode of "man in the high castle" on my apple tv. great show.

How were you able to do that? How do you connect one to the other? I've been watching amazon prime on my computer, fwiw.