• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Starting Pitching / Relief

Troy

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I keep thinking this, but I also see the starters that aren’t starting (maybe Shoe and JC) as being late inning guys for us.  One of them will probably be stretched out.  

i don't think Show goes to the pen personally, but the point is valid.   It comes down to who they keep, who they consider to trade, BUT, you're also assuming those guys can or want to pitch in relief.  
Regardless i feel like we still have a need of one or two legit relievers more than a couple of post starters, but thats me 

35 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

For the most part, they have addressed the current needs.    Let the pitching sort itself out as the season progresses.   Maybe add one solid veteran late innings guy? 

Well I can both agree with you and also agree that a reasonable person might say 1B is a hot mess, and that the team could really use a veteran 180 inning starter you can count on for 30 starts.

19 hours ago, floplag said:

While i understand your intent, sure it will, or they wont perform as well.  if they dont want to do it you might as well trade them before they blow up their value.  

These are professionals and they are relatively young.  We aren’t talking about converting the Verlander or the Scherzers into relief roles.  We’re talking about Skaggs, or Trop, or Bridwell or JC Ramirez.  These guys all want to be major league pitchers, but none are established.  Hell two of them are a year removed from being basically released and acquired for very little.  The other two had Tommy John surgery.  These are not the ego driven multi millionaires that feel entitled.  These are guys who’d much rather pitch in any capacity in the majors than ride the buses of the minors are start.  

43 minutes ago, Stradling said:

These are professionals and they are relatively young.  We aren’t talking about converting the Verlander or the Scherzers into relief roles.  We’re talking about Skaggs, or Trop, or Bridwell or JC Ramirez.  These guys all want to be major league pitchers, but none are established.  Hell two of them are a year removed from being basically released and acquired for very little.  The other two had Tommy John surgery.  These are not the ego driven multi millionaires that feel entitled.  These are guys who’d much rather pitch in any capacity in the majors than ride the buses of the minors are start.  

I don't know the men personally, i cant speak to their makeup as people, but MOST would not take it as easily as you suggest. 
All were also highly touted and signed AS starters, not relievers. 
Making that transition to the bullpen, even temporarily,  is often seen as a negative or a demotion, especially for one so young who is not likely to want to do that quite yet. 
If any do get relegated i would assume it would likely be Ramirez first with Bridwell having re-established himself and the other 2 still being seen as starters.