• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Last Jedi (Spoiler Alert: Red wants you to know you're dumb if you jump into this thread without having seen the film.)

RallyMo

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Sonovabitch. Last time i checked in here, everything was still hidden. Now i read the plot twists. 

Only saving grace is ill forget the spoilers by the time this comes on showtime a year from now and i finally watch it.

Obvious cat lover.

Question?

For someone who's not a huge Star Wars fan but has liked the series to date, should I see this? I haven't read the books btw so I don't care about accuracy.

Will I be entertained? That's all I really care about when I go see a movie. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Question?

For someone who's not a huge Star Wars fan but has liked the series to date, should I see this? I haven't read the books btw so I don't care about accuracy.

Yes you will be entertained, and will probably like it.  There are holes in the movie, and very poorly written parts/characters.   But as long as you are watching to enjoy and not declare that it is a large part of your life that may or may not be ruined, it'll be fine.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Question?

yes, go see it.

this part of the trilogy is not nearly as good as episodes 4-6, and not nearly as awful as episodes 1-3. the special effects continue to improve but it has its' flaws.

Spoiler

Princess Leia is an incompetent commander. Luke basically blasts the Empire to pieces destroying two Death Stars, killing both Vadar and the Sith Lord and she can't keep anything on track, running her last division into a trap and requires her brother to bail her ass out, again.

She sacrifices her lesbian friend in her failed escape plan (yes, it was that obvious), previously gets her husband Han killed trying to negotiate peace with her psycho son and eventually her brother Luke, who was enjoying some retirement time on an Island retreat, dies trying to buy her time. 

She is the Rebel Alliance's worst enemy. A spoiled princess given keys to the kingdom. I was actually hoping her escape pod got shot out of the sky ending that story line instead of this guy's.

giphy.gif

Girl power.

Edited by Blarg

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Is it worth going to see it in the movies, or will waiting for it on tv matter? I liie the originals, but im not some die hard.

Also, what about rogue one. Never saw it. How does that one rate?

I think it's worth seeing in theaters.  Special effects in this scale make the big screen a much better medium.  

As for Rogue One.  I loved it, and thought it was the second best SW movie behind Empire.  Then again, I'm a SW movie nerd, and thought Last Jedi was ranked probably 4th behind the original SW.  BTW, I watched it the other night, then followed it up with Episode IV to see how well it tied in.  And for the most part, it tied in well. 

But a lot of people also hated it.  So I guess it's up to what your cup of tea is.

7 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Is it worth going to see it in the movies, or will waiting for it on tv matter? I liie the originals, but im not some die hard.

Also, what about rogue one. Never saw it. How does that one rate?

i liked rogue one because it was a bridge story and was done pretty well. it centers around the plans for the death star.

Spoiler

@calscuf Did you notice how the women completely shut out the men on their secret plan to take cloaked unarmed shuttles to a defunct rebel base and it blew up in their faces, literally. 

First they fucked up taking on an Armada they couldn't defeat and didn't think they could be tracked in hyperspace, like the empire wasn't going to aquire that technology.

They sacrifice the smaller craft and crews that could have made the second hyperspace jump just so Leia could run her battleship out of fuel to that old Outpost. 

The side mission with ex-storm trooper and fan girl nets picking up a traitor. Who's idea was it to bring the guy along? 

Then Leia gets caught in another fuck up thinking their outdated cloaking would hide their plans of escape and the few that do land it is revealed they have no defenses and the rest of the Galaxy is happy enough to let this rebellion die alone, meaning Leia means jack shit in the cosmos.

Meanwhile what does the last Jedi really accomplish? She didn't complete her training, she didn't save the fleet, didn't kill the emperor or Baby Darth. She shot down a couple of imperial fighters and lifted some rocks. Big help.

More girl power rants.

On 12/27/2017 at 6:58 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Question?

See it in a theater with D-Box seats, it gives the special effects an added dimension. 

Buy a large popcorn and drink, it is a long running movie.