• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels sign Cozart to 3-year deal

jsnpritchett

• 5 months later...
On 12/15/2017 at 10:56 AM, popo85 said:

Solid pick up my only 2 concerns are 1 2017 was his only really good season being a contract a year that he improves, 2 That he isn't a product of the great Hitters park. 

On 12/15/2017 at 2:55 PM, beatlesrule said:

Early this morning, I saw The Last Jedi.  Right after it ended, I checked MLBTR and saw we signed Cozart.  I haven't read through this thread yet but my guy reaction is that I knew we probably would sign him but not for 3/38.  I just hope this doesn't take us out of the running for Machado next year.  The contract seems too long and for too much but the infield defense should be stellar now.  He had a career year in his walk year so I am not expecting 2017 numbers at the plate but I hope his transition to 3rd goes smoothly and he hits somewhat close to his 2017 numbers.  Like I explained in another thread, he is about a 2.0 WAR player so if we get that or better for 3 years, thumbs up for sure. 

LOL

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This isn’t a great read.  Lots of us were less than right.  

What we don’t know is how much the shoulder is a factor....not making excuses but they can be a bear, career killer for a pitcher....

On 12/15/2017 at 11:09 AM, Ohtaniland said:

This is a terrific acquisition. This guy has been pretty steady and hasn’t been bouncing around from club to club. Not a lot of miles either. The overall construction of the club is getting better everyday. Kudos to Eppy.

Ohtaniland was absolutely the stupidest motherF’r on this board. Glad he’s gone! 

Even if Cozart reverts back to his old self the team has him covered. Looks to me like Eppler is going to have to accept the fact it was a bad signing and bite the bullet.

He doesn’t need to wait until the trade deadline. Now is as good as time as any to make a trade and open up a spot on the 25 man roster for the betterment of the team. 

On 12/15/2017 at 1:16 PM, AngelsFaninGA said:

Meh, Cozart put up massively inflated numbers at 32 in a contract year. His previous numbers have been awful. Hopefully Eppler sees something I don't because this looks like a sure regression. 

Oh hey I was right about something. Pessimism does pay off after all

18 minutes ago, True Grich said:

He doesn't have any trade value

I am not sure why I was quoted. I pretty much stated I didn't like the deal and just hoped he would at least have a 2.0 WAR.

Anyway, he actually does have value if the Angels take back another bad contract. Basically a change of scenery swap. Much like Appier for Vaughn.