• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

MLB investigating Ohtani medical info leak

TroutField

Connecting the dots and it's hard not to think it was Dipoto who leaked this. Go back to when Dipoto quit as Angels GM. It was Passan who came out with a scathing article ripping the Angels org and detailing things only people with direct knowledge of the situation would know(aka Dipoto).

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/gm-jerry-dipoto-s-departure-reveals-mike-scioscia-to-be-unquestioned-ruler-of-angels-215115777.html

Remind me again who it was who broke the Ohtani news? Oh right, it was Passan.

1 minute ago, MongoMuller said:

It was on the MLB tonight podcast...it's near the beginning.  His guest also brings up the possibility a GM leaked it to an agent who then gave it to Yahoo which is even worse but I'm not big on conspiracy theories...

TY -- wasn't doubting you at all -- just wanted to see if it was something actually been talked about...

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Connecting the dots and it's hard not to think it was Dipoto who leaked this. Go back to when Dipoto quit as Angels GM. It was Passan who came out with a scathing article ripping the Angels org and detailing things only people with direct knowledge of the situation would know(aka Dipoto).

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/gm-jerry-dipoto-s-departure-reveals-mike-scioscia-to-be-unquestioned-ruler-of-angels-215115777.html

Remind me again who it was who broke the Ohtani news? Oh right, it was Passan.

Jesus -- reading that is so hilarious in light of everything that's transpired since then.   Early on today on MLB Network's Hot Stove, they were talking about how the Angels looked completely burried and how listless and lacking the roster was and how different the outlook top to bottom is now...    Go read Lookout Landing and you'll see a lot of the same shit said around here..  "It's not his fault, he inherited a bad farm system, the owners blah blah".    The dude is a svengali...   Even now as the Angels have seen a massive turnaround the narrative up there is that nothing that happened in Anaheim was ever his fault and that he's doing amazing things in Seattle...

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

TY -- wasn't doubting you at all -- just wanted to see if it was something actually been talked about...

CJ Wilson was on it from the start.  When the story broke he asked Passan point blank how in the f**k did you get his medical report?  He was the only high profile guy I saw asking the obvious question...

4 minutes ago, MongoMuller said:

I was going to ask Fletcher if MLB was looking into any HIPAA laws being violated...

I would have to think that would be part of the investigation. If Dipoto (or someone else) knowingly released Ohtani's Medical records to a third party without Ohtani's consent, that would be a HIPAA violation. 

Reminds me of the Jason Pierre-Paul and ESPN/Schefter incident. JPP started litigation and they ended up settling outside of court. This type of thing is should not be taken lightly, it can have serious legal consequences. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2691039-jason-pierre-paul-espn-reach-settlement-after-adam-schefter-shared-medical-info 

9 minutes ago, MongoMuller said:

CJ Wilson was on it from the start.  When the story broke he asked Passan point blank how in the f**k did you get his medical report?  He was the only high profile guy I saw asking the obvious question...

I think the real question is why does Passan have any right to post that information when it is supposed to be confidential? 

The Angels should slam the door in his face if he wants a press credential and refuse him any access from this point on. 

The Scioscia frustration on here blinded people, myself included, to Dipussy's many shortcomings ultimately.

Now that I have taken a step back and realized how solid of a job Scioscia did in 2014, 2015, and 2017 (no durable pitching and questionable hitting but yet a nearly .500 team), it makes the whole Scioscia/Dipussy dynamic even more crazy.    Dipussy, the franchise destroyer