• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ohtani Received PRP Injection in October

ettin

3 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Lol the chicken littles are out in full force...

Obviously not a lot of sports players here...grade 1 sprains are pretty common and can be managed.

I'm sure all 7 teams involved in the process did thorough background and felt comfortable enough to go for it.

I mean, I feel like us Angel fans are allowed to panic and freak out.

I personally have self diagnosed with having Angels pitcher PTSD.  

Give me a f***ing break man.  I rattle easily when it comes to the Angels.

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

Well the only positive I can think of right now is that Ervin Santana has pitched for 8 years now after his UCL sprain diagnosis without needing surgery. 

This is true....and his bread and butter pitch is the slider. Just sucks that Ohtani is already coming here with a red flag on his arm.

22 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep, it's no different than the Angels having once thrown first round money at Adenhart while his arm was still in a sling after TJ surgery...    Ohtani is a long term asset..  Only he's not in need of surgery and even the actual report states he would be able to begin his throwing program in 30 days...

I mean this right here should sum everything up.

Jeff Fletcher Retweeted Jeff Passan

Asked Billy Eppler just today about the PRP injection Ohtani had. He said it was in the report teams got during the negotiation process and it was strictly preventative. Stay tuned....

Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR

Eppler statement: “Shohei underwent a thorough physical with MRI scans to both his elbow and his shoulder. Those are scans we conduct whenever we sign a pitcher. Based on the readings of those MRIs, there are not signs of acute trauma in the elbow. (more)

It looks consistent with players his age. We are pleased with the results of the physical and we are very happy to have the player.”

43 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Chill the fuck out...

It's a grade one sprain..

“Although partial damage of UCL in deep layer of his right UCL exists,” the report said, “ … he is able to continue full baseball participation with sufficient elbow care program.”

I’m sure you understand why we are skeptical

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Jeff Fletcher Retweeted Jeff Passan

Asked Billy Eppler just today about the PRP injection Ohtani had. He said it was in the report teams got during the negotiation process and it was strictly preventative. Stay tuned....

Eppler statement: “Shohei underwent a thorough physical with MRI scans to both his elbow and his shoulder. Those are scans we conduct whenever we sign a pitcher. Based on the readings of those MRIs, there are not signs of acute trauma in the elbow. (more)

It looks consistent with players his age. We are pleased with the results of the physical and we are very happy to have the player.”

Phew.

Bleachers Reports notification scared the crap out of me.

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

This is reassuring.  Hopefully the injections and rest will be sufficient.

All that said, even if he needs TJ surgery, this is STILL a great deal.  He is an elite talent, even if he's injured.  It puts a damper on things but doesn't change the player we just acquired.

So are we safe to say this is media over-dramatics as usual? 

Some dude at the bar just pulled up some stupid facebook shared article (probably a Halo hater) and it's reporting like Ohtani is inevitable for Tommy John surgery. 

It felt like overdramatics and bad news, because so many people hate on the Angels, it's crazy how stupid shit people read can become "fact" to folks who don't even check the facts. Super annoying and I can't believe some people are so quick to judge with the first thing they hear. 

It just makes me want the Halos to win more than ever. 

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

So are we safe to say this is media over-dramatics as usual? 

Some dude at the bar just pulled up some stupid facebook shared article (probably a Halo hater) and it's reporting like Ohtani is inevitable for Tommy John surgery. 

It felt like overdramatics and bad news, because so many people hate on the Angels, it's crazy how stupid shit people read can become "fact" to folks who don't even check the facts. Super annoying and I can't believe some people are so quick to judge with the first thing they hear. 

It just makes me want the Halos to win more than ever. 

In other words it’s just like AW