• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

MLB network coverage very narrow

Dtwncbad

Is it me or is the mlb network really falling flat today?

I think they have spent 99% of the time today talking about Stanton.  I get it as the main story, but it is actually a couple days old already and this is the actual winter meetings.

I would have expected at least some interesting content about the 28 other teams.

They are live but it almost seems like they are on a 15 minutes taped loop. It's borderline boring at this point.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Is it me or is the mlb network really falling flat today?

I think they have spent 99% of the time today talking about Stanton.  I get it as the main story, but it is actually a couple days old already and this is the actual winter meetings.

I would have expected at least some interesting content about the 28 other teams.

They are live but it almost seems like they are on a 15 minutes taped loop. It's borderline boring at this point.

I agree 100%.  I've been pretty disappointed so far today in the coverage.

Oh wait awesome.  They are bringing on yet another talking head to talk about Stanton.  Fuck people, this isnthe winter meetings.  Do your sources have literally nothing else to talk about?

If that is the case then any of us could be on that program talking about the same now tired three angles on this one transaction.

Can't anyone even have an imagination on anything else?

I cant recall who but on mlbradio the other day there was a guy talking about coverage, and how baseball fans win with Othani going to the Halos casue of the enhanced media coverage so more people would get to see Trout and we would get more national games.... 
Yeah, that lasted about an hour.  
Any shot of getting more national exposure just went out the window, unless we happen to be playing the Yankees. 

9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

That was Jeff Passan telling us what he had to say about what Peter Gammons had to say about Stanton.

Thank you Jeff.  Now let's bring on Kevin Millar to find out what he has to say about what Jeff Passan had to say about what Peter Gammons had to say about Stanton. . .

Oh Jesus Christ.  They brought Gammons on ? Was he crying about how the Yankees are ruining baseball ?

That old turd is such a joke. He’s literally incapable of not connecting everything in baseball to the Red Sox. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Doesn't it seem like a natural to roll through each team talking about direction of the franchise, their top two needs, and ideas or speculation how they might address those needs?

Sorry I guess that would be stupid.

Now Alex Cora is in being interviewed what he thinks of Stanton deal.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Doesn't it seem like a natural to roll through each team talking about direction of the franchise, their top two needs, and ideas or speculation how they might address those needs?

Sorry I guess that would be stupid.

Now Alex Cora is in being interviewed what he thinks of Stanton deal.

Absolutely 

13 minutes ago, Cdaniel said:

Looks like they are talking about Ohtani

I just tweeted at them. Maybe they listened? lol

I guess you guys new to this journalism thing. You see there was the live feed of Stanton's introduction followed by an interview with Stanton and after that they have nothing.

No trades going on, no free agents signing. They interviewed Klentak of the Phillies earlier today. The GM of one of the worst playing teams last season and went over the Phil's Outlook and strategy.

But I guess you missed that.

They covered the Veterans committee voting in two living baseball players into the HoF, the first time ever.

They are talking Rockies followed by the president of the veterans committee talking again about Trammel and Morris.

But really, the day is Stanton and the Yankees as the lead like Saturday was the Angels and Ohtani. Every other story is filler until something really happens.

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I guess you guys new to this journalism thing. You see there was the live feed of Stanton's introduction followed by an interview with Stanton and after that they have nothing.

No trades going on, no free agents signing. They interviewed Klentak of the Phillies earlier today. The GM of one of the worst playing teams last season and went over the Phil's Outlook and strategy.

They covered the Veterans committee voting in two living baseball players into the HoF, the first time ever.

They are talking Rockies followed by the president of the veterans committee talking again about Trammel and Morris.

But really, the day is Stanton and the Yankees as the lead like Saturday was the Angels and Ohtani. Every other story is filler until something really happens.

I only checked in a few times over the course of three hours. It was all Stanton.

If I had more time like you to be glued to the tube, I'd probably see that other stuff you mentioned.

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They covered the veterans election last night.

1 hour ago, tomsred said:

It's the Yankees guys.....it's all about the Yankees.  Just another reason to dislike them, and their fans.

Exactly, its like as if their supposed to win it all every year, as though the other teams are supposed to stand around like the washington generals vs harlem globetrotters.

One can compare the Yankees/RedSox/Dodgers/Cubs to the Penguins/Blackhawks/RedWings in how their leagues network promotes them.

probably in best interest of billy to wait till the end of the week to sit with the different panels...dude is getting work done!!!   This GM is giving us some hope for the long term plan of the angels...can't stop touching my peen with the recent developments :)

billy beane interview was very very good today

the positive to the stanton overkill today is that we could fast forward thru about 6hrs of shows in 1hrs time today