• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Winter Meetings thread

Ohtaniland

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Hopefully he's correct. Eppler wants guys who can work the count. Frazier and Headley both can do so.

Both may be able to work the count but both have fleas and im not sure its an apples to apples comparison.
Headley has limited power and Frazier doesnt hit well, and both are RH, and im not sure i would count either as a middle of the order bat at this point, more likely bottom third, plus both one wrong side of 30.
For me Moustakis is far preferred pending cost, terms etc... .
I wouldnt hate either of them i suppose pending cost, but if it comes down to Headley versus Frazier i would go Frazier since i dont think Headley is worth trading anything of significance. 
just my 2 cents. 

3 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I was thinking that too ... Eppler likes to move fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if today is the day he gets a 2B. 

It also feels like the "eye" of the media has shifted towards middle infield. Kinda wonder if the buzz is that there is movement starting there. Or maybe its just cuz the yankees mentioned they want a middle infielder...

18 minutes ago, floplag said:

Both may be able to work the count but both have fleas and im not sure its an apples to apples comparison.
Headley has limited power and Frazier doesnt hit well, and both are RH, and im not sure i would count either as a middle of the order bat at this point, more likely bottom third, plus both one wrong side of 30.
For me Moustakis is far preferred pending cost, terms etc... .
I wouldnt hate either of them i suppose pending cost, but if it comes down to Headley versus Frazier i would go Frazier since i dont think Headley is worth trading anything of significance. 
just my 2 cents. 

I get the impression that Eppler is looking to platoon Valbuena with a RH bat at 3B.

1 minute ago, fanfromday1 said:

Wonder if Machado would be open to staying at 3rd base if (after trading for him) we offered him a $350m to $375m contract. It could be backloaded to after 2021 when Pujols leaves? 

and then what do you do with Trout when his contract is renewed. And then Ohtani (if he is as good as can be expected)?

1 minute ago, southpaw said:

and then what do you do with Trout when his contract is renewed. And then Ohtani (if he is as good as can be expected)?

Rumors have been around for a long time that Machado has been on our radar for next year anyway. So how were we going to find money to pay for him if we signed him next year?

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I'd be fine dealing one of those starters for Hernandez.  Hernandez is talented, patient, strong defensively, and cost-controlled.  That's worth sacrificing one of those young SPs.

Sure, but it will cost at least that. Bridwell and Jones, for example.