• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Giancarlo Stanton to the Yankees

southpaw

I'm sorry, but i call total BS on this one.  This has collusion written all over it.  Though nothing will be said or done as MLB wants the Yankees relevant, thats painfully obvious. 
I wanted him in LA, but the very second the name Yankees was uttered i knew this was happening.   

It isn’t collusion, it is the team that is willing to eat the most of his contract.  We can’t call collusion just because the team has history with someone in another teams front office.  Was it collusion when Dipoto traded Trumbo for Skaggs?  Was it collusion when Eppler traded for Simmons sense he and the Braves GM worked together in NY?  

18 minutes ago, floplag said:

I'm sorry, but i call total BS on this one.  This has collusion written all over it.  Though nothing will be said or done as MLB wants the Yankees relevant, thats painfully obvious. 
I wanted him in LA, but the very second the name Yankees was uttered i knew this was happening.   

It’s being reported that they’re willing to take between 265-275 million of the contract.  No real reason to imagine collusion.  It’s exactly what the Marlins have wanted.  

Especially if you consider the negotiating position of weakness that they put themselves into.  That’s why they’re forced to take Castro. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I guess if Stanton has to go to the Stanks or Dogs, I'd rather it be the Stanks. 

Although I wish the Astros would have had a better shot, that short high porch in left would be perfect for Stanton. But I guess Stankee stadium is even smaller...

Why would you want our division rival to get better?

36 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s being reported that they’re willing to take between 265-275 million of the contract.  No real reason to imagine collusion.  It’s exactly what the Marlins have wanted.  

Especially if you consider the negotiating position of weakness that they put themselves into.  That’s why they’re forced to take Castro. 

I respectfully disagree.  After watching the CAA and the league basically do everything possible to send Othani there, the Jeter factor, and this happening on the same day, i find the likelihood of this being coincidence very low. 
The league, TV, Agents... all want a relevant Yankees, they got their wish.  
You are welcome to interpret this how you wish, but i smell a rat. 

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Jeter collusion

Yep its the most blantant collusion in sports i've ever heard of, HOF guy from the Yankees becomes owner of a team who has a player they've been wanting for years, then trades him to the Yankees.

The Angels need Salmon & GA to buy the Dbacks or Padres & trade all their good players to the Angels for a bag of balls since its ok for the Yankees to have one of their retired future HOFers go out & buy the Marlins just so they can get Stanton.

I'm betting Stanton's nickname will become "Stanton island (he hit that ball all the way to Staten island !) "

Jeter just won the WS for the Yankees as owner of the Marlins lol, Stanton + Judge will produce a combined 110 HRs.

Lol this is so stupid.  Give me a break @Scioscia4MVP.  Jeter just took over a team that is 400 million dollars in debt.  They’re trading the biggest contract to the team willing to cough up the most money within the limitations that GCS no trade will allow.  Surprise ! It’s the Yankees.  

I mean think about how absurd what your saying is.  

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why would you want our division rival to get better?

Because as much as they're a division rival, I hate them so much less than the Doyers or Stanks.

I wanted to be able to actually root for the guy, hard to do when he's in blue or pinstripes.

You know Strad, we're allowed to like other teams and players that are on other teams, right?

What are you 6 years old? Unreal.

3 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Think this means they're putting Stanton at 2B, with Judge already in RF.

More like 1st base for either Stanton or Lurch. Last year Chris Carter was worthless as their first baseman. Or put him in left field and have Gardner as the 4th outfielder.