• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

What Happens if the Angels Acquire Stanton?

Docwaukee

2 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Seattle offense with the addition of Dee Gordon is much better than the Angels currently. They were much better even without Gordon. 

Meh, probably. But a bounceback year feom calhoun, and a decent bounceback from valbuena are possible, and if it happens, were not as ugly.

And I fully expect them to find a replacement at 2B.

6 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Meh, probably. But a bounceback year feom calhoun, and a decent bounceback from valbuena are possible, and if it happens, were not as ugly.

And I fully expect them to find a replacement at 2B.

Yea I guess you’re right .... Houston only out scored us by almost 200 Runs last season. 

Unless Eppler signs Moustakas, trades for Hernandez and Stanton, signs Darvish and an elite closer, the Angels aren't going to be as good as the Astros. But what they can be without trading for Stanton is very good - good enough to win a wildcard and even take the division if they have a bit of luck and the Astros have some bad luck.

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Were you talking about them, or seattle?

And houston outscored everyone. Getting stanton wont even us up. 

You slot Stanton in as your three hitter and get a lead off hitter and we’re good to go.

New leadoff or Simmons 

Trout

Stanton

Upton

Pujols 

:) Guess what?

11 minutes ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

The Angels don't need to be better than Houston  to  make the postseason or win the WS, though.

I think the Angels right now are good enough to get a WC spot. And I'd be shocked if they didn't improve a lot more before the season starts.

You’re right but they need to close the gap big time

Calzone is that you?

8 minutes ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

The Angels don't need to be better than Houston  to  make the postseason or win the WS, though.

I think the Angels right now are good enough to get a WC spot. And I'd be shocked if they didn't improve a lot more before the season starts.

Before we get too ahead, lets see what otani can actually do first. I dont think anyone should ve slotting him in as an ace of any sort....yet. he barely pitched last year, if i understand correctly, and that was against japan league hitters.

If we fix 2B, and preferably 3B as well, were looking good.

Richards, aheaney, Skaggs and Shoemaker being healthy to me is going to be bigger than otani. Not saying otani wont turn out to be great, but those guys back will get us to october more than otani in his debut year.

For what the team needs most right now, Moose fits that need very well. Hes the one we should pursue.

but I'll tell ya, having a big power stud like Stanton in our lineup would be delicious. Takes us somewhere different like all those Yankee teams that were stacked to the gills and won four WS in a row in the nineties.