• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Random Angels Trivia Question

Erstad Grit

7 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Byrd had a nice year in his only season with the club in 2005. I remember him, also had a funny windup before he delieved a pitch. One of the few Angels free agent signings that went right it seems.

wished we had kept him another year or two. really liked having him on the team.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Who drove in the winning run in the Halos first ever post-season game victory?

he was a pinch hitter who batted left handed. wasn't he also a former oriole?

Edited by Tank

38 minutes ago, artesmustache said:

Who is the only Hall of Famer (non pitcher) to hit right-handed and throw left-handed? Hint: he played for the Halos at one point.

great question! had to look it up.

hint: he was an outfielder

57 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I think it was Rick Miller. He might have been the one who scored the run. My 2nd guess would be Larry Harlow.

I seem to recall Harlow actually scoring the run. It might have been Miller who drove him in.

Funny that on a team that had so many great offensive performances (Baylor, Grich, Aikens, Ford, Downing, Carew) that the players involved in the one postseason game we won that year were role players.

9 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

I seem to recall Harlow actually scoring the run. It might have been Miller who drove him in.

Funny that on a team that had so many great offensive performances (Baylor, Grich, Aikens, Ford, Downing, Carew) that the players involved in the one postseason game we won that year were role players.

Harlow drove in the winning run (bloop double down the LF line).

1 hour ago, JustATroutFan said:

Byrd had a nice year in his only season with the club in 2005. I remember him, also had a funny windup before he delieved a pitch. One of the few Angels free agent signings that went right it seems.

A couple of generations before just about all the pitchers used Byrd’s pump handle wind-up.