• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Eppler's 2017-2018 Off-Season Transactions

ettin

I don't want Pujols to go anywhere.  I want him to come into camp healthy, and give it one more rip.  I hope he gets to 3,000 hits, and has a big year.  So big in fact that he decides it's a great time to ride into the sunset, so he retires and starts his ten year personal services contract with Arte.  The Angels have a great clubhouse situation, and Albert is part of that in helping other players to mentally deal with the game.  I think the other players respect what he has accomplished in his career.  When the players, coaching staff, and the organization see him as a serious detriment to achieving their goals, I believe they will find a way to gracefully exit him.

4 minutes ago, DailyHalo said:

Yeah seriously lol. Idk, I prefer to save the $45MM, free us of any major/long term money and let him achieve his milestones with the franchise it should have always been with, the Cardinal's.

What he is saying is he hopes he does well..   He's not going to reach any of those milestones unless he picks it up a bit...  Considering the Angels can't get out from under what they owe him -- hoping for anything else is just well..  to quote you.   "lol"...

He either does better or its swallow hard and accept the sunk cost.

One milestone that Albert runs the risk of LOSING is a lifetime .300 batting average. I wonder if that is important to him.

Assuming he gets 600 ABs (not PAs) and collects 150 hits, after this year his .305 BA will be down to .3017 or .302. At that point, he would very likely go under .300 if he plays a full 2019 in similar fashion.

I wonder if that might motivate him to retire after this year? He will have 3000 hits. He could possibly pass Griffey and maybe even Mays but A-Rod is a long shot for even the following year. He would be in the top 5 already, if he passes Mays. That's pretty good company.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

And add a new FA signing, C Rene Rivera, for one year/$2.8 million.   It is a little steep for a 2nd catcher, but he does have some pop and is an excellent defensive catcher.

Guess Carlos Perez will be dealt now, since Graterol is available in AAA and Ward is in AA?

Yeah...... I'd rather they gone to keeping petit but eppler has a lot of equity with me.  

28 minutes ago, John Smith said:

I0ngOh37_bigger.jpg Taylor Blake Ward @TaylorBlakeWard 5

#Angels have signed RHP Dylan Unsworth to a minor-league contract, 25-year-old South African starting pitcher has 3.92 ERA in 670 minor league innings

He's looked pretty good his last couple of years. Soft throwing righty, ground ball type pitcher. Sounds like he doesn't have good enough stuff to start in the majors, but may be another possible BP piece if we need one in a pinch. Given Eppler's eye for RP, I almost wonder if that's what this is about - turn a starter with only one really good pitch into a pretty good reliever.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

Bumped for some Minor League signings. Glad to see they brought Lamb back into the fold I really hope he can achieve his potential he could be a real difference maker in my opinion.

Yeah, I like that move as well.