• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Southern California Firestorms

1 hour ago, Tank said:

the winds definitely have died down. i think maybe they're just letting it burn in some areas because the area is difficult to access and there aren't any structures being threatened. also helps to clear out some of the old growth that just serves as fuel.

but i could be wrong.

This sounds like it makes sense to do, as long as the winds don't flare up again over the next couple of weeks.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

the winds definitely have died down. i think maybe they're just letting it burn in some areas because the area is difficult to access and there aren't any structures being threatened. also helps to clear out some of the old growth that just serves as fuel.

but i could be wrong.

Thats exactly what it is. It sounds funy, but the most effective way they fight these is lighting backfires that they can put out quickly, but kills off the big fire when it reaches an already burned area.

From a resource standpoint, like you said, its not really feesible to try and fight it when nothing of value is threatened, and the terrain isnt playing nice.

Just read they arrested some guy in anaheim over the weekend trying to start fires.

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

the thomas fire is now over 250,000 acres, making it the fourth largest fire in CA history. almost 1000 bldgs destroyed, too.

projections are that they won't have it contained until around january 7. 

1000 structures....

And keep in mind, contained doesnt mean out...

More for the weather thread, i just sae on the news the projected weather for the next nonth or so...jet stream is still well up north, towards canada...so the chance of storms if pretty low. Higher temps too....

30 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

More for the weather thread, i just sae on the news the projected weather for the next nonth or so...jet stream is still well up north, towards canada...so the chance of storms if pretty low. Higher temps too....

You just ruined AO's Christmas. 

And people think there isn't climate change?    This (no rain from October into January) has NEVER, EEEVER happened in SoCal in the 140 years that records have been kept!

Things that will happen before rain next falls in SoCal (NOT JUST A FREAKING TRACE):

Sabres win SC.

Browns win SB.

Padres win WS.

Rodney can shoot an arrow through that stupid F'd up massive High Pressure ridge!!!! 

18 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

1000 structures....

And keep in mind, contained doesnt mean out...

Yesterday they announced they don't expect containment before January 7th.