• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Southern California Firestorms

2 hours ago, LHalo said:

Bel Air is now on fire. This is going to be expensive. 

The 405 is shutdown between the 101 and the 10. Talk about a traffic nightmare. Benedict Canyon and Laurel Canyon are going to get slammed. 

threatening the getty center the and skirball museum. irreplaceable things there and some incredibly rugged terrain to navigate. at least the winds have been calm enough to allow effective water drops.

Being in Vegas right now. It's surprising how little coverage is getting. Local stations of course aren't covering it at all. But whenever I turned into the national stations all they talked about was politics 

Just got a notification that there is a fire in Huntington beach

7 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Being in Vegas right now. It's surprising how little coverage is getting. Local stations of course aren't covering it at all. But whenever I turned into the national stations all they talked about was politics 

The winds are pretty fierce. This one looks dangerous. Vicinity of Beach Blvd and Adams Avenue.

https://twitter.com/_brookiemonster/status/938833419072454656/video/1

Edited by fan_since79

Wow thanks for the update about the HB fire.  That's a little over a mile from my house and while it may not be anything major obviously with those winds embers could get pushed to surrounding neighborhoods.  I called my neighbor just to have her give me an update if she hears anything.  Found an article online that says it's a small vegetation fire and they're evacuating some homeless people in the area which unfortunately leads me to believe that one of them probably started it on accident..  

They said this morning on the radio that despite the multiple fires going on that were all 5-10% contained luckily there hadn't been any lives lost.  Hope that trend continues.  

24 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Title of thread updated to reflect the current reality.

The San Diego County fire is the latest. No end in sight to this disaster, it seems.

I'm hearing that some of San Luis Rey Downs in San Diego burned down.  That is a big training center for Thoroughbred Horses, and by the sounds of it, some died.  They haven't said which horses yet, but we are talking possibly some 6 to even 7 digit horses.  

http://www.drf.com/news/horses-killed-barns-destroyed-fire-sweeps-through-san-luis-rey-downs

On 12/7/2017 at 10:51 AM, gotbeer said:

Not sure what station you were watching, but the local NBC affiliate had quite a bit of coverage of the fires.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Had just read that the fires grew yesterday. I thought the wind died down a bit?

Was on a fire at work this morning. Weird seeing all our guys in their backup engines, all the "real" ones are up north.

the winds definitely have died down. i think maybe they're just letting it burn in some areas because the area is difficult to access and there aren't any structures being threatened. also helps to clear out some of the old growth that just serves as fuel.

but i could be wrong.