• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Stanton Sweepstakes

Second Base

i have my own thoughts on guaranteed contracts, but those not withstanding, he has every right to refuse a trade to a place he doesn't want to go.

just look at it this way, the cardinals expressed interest in hiring him and he considered it, but eventually decided he didn't want to move to the midwest. there's nothing wrong with that.

i would really love it if the angels traded for stanton.

what he does for the lineup is so meaningful that it's not replicated by any other free agent out there.

i just don't believe that the angels are looking at adding a salary like that, outside of a trout extension.

it sure would be a dramatic improvement though.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Honestly, kind of a dick move on his part. He (and all these guys) need to understand theres a flip side to guaranteed contracts.

No it isn’t a dick move 

his agent got him a “full no trade clause” 

put it on the Marlins GM who agreed to the deal 

i'm not speculating on the angels' interest, but i have to believe that if the angels were interested that stanton would absolutely accept a trade to the angels. it just defies any reasonable logic that he wouldn't want to be here. now, i'm not saying that he'd prefer the angels over the dodgers because that's just speculative, but we check off all the boxes for stanton accepting the trade.

also, if the angels took on stanton for 25 million a year? damn that sounds like a pretty good friggin deal.

22 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I still can't shake feeling that Eppler is quietly watching this.

I don’t know...

I feel like the fact he grew up a dodgers fan probably outweighs the fact he lives in LA.

The Angels may actually be the biggest no for him. Plus he has the opt out right? Even if he decides to come here IF he wants to be with the Dodgers THAT bad he can just opt out and make something work then

5 minutes ago, nando714 said:

No it isn’t a dick move 

his agent got him a “full no trade clause” 

put it on the Marlins GM who agreed to the deal 

I agree....except generally speaking, no trade clauses are to stop a team from trading you to benefit themselves. In this case, stanton is the one demanding to be traded. 

He chose to sign the biggest contract in history...knowing it would obviously hinder the teams moves going forward. Now hes saying trade me, but only where i want to go, even if it means getting a shittier return.

Dont get me wrong, i could see him blocking a trade somewhere shitty. But the cards and giants arent...and it would still be in his power to opt out in 2 years to go somewhere he prefers. Not to mention, a far wider set of teams because nobody eould have to give anything back to Miami.

Again, this thing didnt start (as far as I know) with the marlins saying we cant afford this. He wants out. Id think they want him to stay.

8 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I don’t know...

I feel like the fact he grew up a dodgers fan probably outweighs the fact he lives in LA.

The Angels may actually be the biggest no for him. Plus he has the opt out right? Even if he decides to come here IF he wants to be with the Dodgers THAT bad he can just opt out and make something work then

which would be great! the angels would get stanton in his absolute prime years, for about 75 million bucks, with a reasonable loss in prospects.

sign me up!