• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Stanton Sweepstakes

Second Base

12 minutes ago, totdprods said:

With Gordon out of Miami, any chance of a Stanton deal went from minuscule to basically non-existent. Dee was the key to possibly wrenching a deal into something that made economic sense, but there isn't anything else in Miami that'd be accomplish that. 

The Dodgers would have to completely refuse to bite and the Marlins would have to get exceptionally desperate at this point.

8 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i don't see how that makes sense.

i don't see how gordon being gone makes the stanton deal any more difficult. the idea that the two had to be tied together was related to the speculation that it would mean there would be no or little prospect return. 

the truth is, the stanton trade was never going to be about prospects or team needs or any other such business. it's going to be about where will he accept a trade and how much money the marlins are going to have to eat in order to get to their bottom line, which is the only thing that matters to the marlins right now...the bottom line payroll number.

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

I think with Ohtani/Upton signing with the Angels and a chance to play next to Trout with a strong opportunity to win a championship   ... Stanton would sign off on his no trade clause. 

If you can get Stanton at $25M per year ? 

I am only against it if it causes the team to let Trout walk.  It would give them three marketable players even though one wants very little to do with being marketed.  

I don't see the correlation with Trout not getting extended if Stanton is traded to Anaheim.  If Mike wants to stay here, he will stay here.  Has there been any indication that he must be the highest paid player of all time?  Weaver left like 40 million on the table to stay with the Angels.  Is there any evidence whatsoever that Trout wants or must get 400 million or whatever?  The Angels could afford both players and would have their OF set for years.  It would also be in discussion for the top 5 OF of all time. I am on record stating that Arte won't spend that much money and get Stanton but that doesn't mean he couldn't afford to while staying under the cap.

Castro doesn’t really fit on a team trying to cut payroll. He’s owed 10.8M next year, 11.8M in 2019, and has a 16M team option (1M buyout) for 2020. Seems like a way for the Yankees to cut a bit of payroll so they can take on Stanton

So my guess is that the Marlins would try and trade him upon acquiring him. That gives us another option for 2B. Wouldn’t be my first option, but probably wouldn’t cost too much. 

Yeah, so the giants would have given up their top 4 prospects including the 56th ranked one.  Yanks not so much.

Giancarlo Stanton Trade Offer from Giants Reportedly Revealed

According to Craig Mish of SiriusXM, the Giants' offer includes right-handed pitcher Tyler Beede, outfielder Heliot Ramos, infielder Christian Arroyo and first baseman/outfielder Chris Shaw. 

The proposed deal reported Tuesday by Mish features the Giants' top four prospects, per MLB.com. Arroyo is the highest-ranked prospect, No. 56 overall, and he made his MLB debut last season with a .192/.244/.304 slash line in 34 games.