• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Stanton Sweepstakes

Second Base

19 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The clear frontrunners for Giancarlo Stanton are #SFGiants and #STLCards Other teams, including the #Dodgers are monitoring, but at this point, have not seriously engaged in conversations. @Marlins

If Angels are even remotely interested, this is usually the stage where Arte and Co. start intervening. Given all that's happening with Ohtani and Maitan, would not surprise me if there is a lot of activity in the Angels FO right now.

I think we should stay clear from Stanton unless he’s willing to limit his no trade clause and drop his opt out clause. 

11 minutes ago, Calzone said:

I think we should stay clear from Stanton unless he’s willing to limit his no trade clause and drop his opt out clause. 

Delusion.  The players union would not allow him to sacrifice those things unless you pay him more.  Do you understand you cannot yank any value out of a player contract, even if the player says he is cool with it?

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

In other words you don’t want him. 

25 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Delusion.  The players union would not allow him to sacrifice those things unless you pay him more.  Do you understand you cannot yank any value out of a player contract, even if the player says he is cool with it?

It’s a ridicules contract that I hope we stay away from. I’m pretty sure that Arte agrees. 

3 minutes ago, Calzone said:

It’s a ridicules contract that I hope we stay away from. I’m pretty sure that Arte agrees. 

Claude there isn’t a single person who is surprised you don’t like his contract.  

I hope we trade for him because you’ve had an awful offseason with your predictions.  

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

If anyone here would be OK with taking $250 million of Stanton's contract plus giving up Adell, Marsh, Jones and newly acquired Maitan for Stanton, you're insane. 

I agree. You either take the cash or you take the prospects. I'd be ok with eating 70% of the deal and give up 1-2 of those prospects. If you get Stanton you don't need any of them for at least 5 years so essentially they are playing to get traded.

13 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I feel like there is something bigger looming. A trade were not even thinking of. Something like Machado.

Although it is certainly possible I think this is more likely to happen at the Trade Deadline, particularly since Eppler has already stated that they may start Valbuena at 3B. It is a great position to potentially upgrade at the deadline with both Machado and Donaldson potentially available at that time (both the Orioles and Blue Jays will be bubble-type teams for the playoffs).

58 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If anyone here would be OK with taking $250 million of Stanton's contract plus giving up Adell, Marsh, Jones and newly acquired Maitan for Stanton, you're insane. 

What poster here has even hinted at this? Stanton should pretty much be a salary dump. Maybe include one decent prospect. So far, no team is willing to take on all the money from all the reports I've read and the Marlins are gonna have to pay like 50 million of it.  Insane to take on all that money AND give good talent in return.  If that's what the Marlins want, Stanton isn't going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Calzone said:

i think we should stay clear from stanton unless he's willing to become a woman. 

you might as well have said that, because it has as much chance of happening as his agents or mlbpa allowing something like that to happen without an increase in overall dollars to mitigate it.

i get goosebumps thinking of having trout and stanton in their prime for the next xx years. could be a championship run or two or three in that mix.

i don't get quite the same feeling thinking about our prospects and what they may or may not bring six years from now.

make the trade.

52 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i think we should stay clear from stanton unless he's willing to become a woman. 

you might as well have said that, because it has as much chance of happening as his agents or mlbpa allowing something like that to happen without an increase in overall dollars to mitigate it.

Stanton agreed to that deal playing for Miami. If he now forces the team to limit their options to move him then he should drop that opt out clause to whatever new team that decides to invest prospects and money to acquire him. It would piss me off to see Eppler trade a top prospect or two only to see him leave. 

2 minutes ago, Calzone said:

Stanton agreed to that deal playing for Miami. If he now forces the team to limit their options to move him then he should drop that opt out clause to whatever new team that decides to invest prospects and money to acquire him. It would piss me off to see Eppler trade a top prospect or two and them have him leave. 

Yeah that makes sense.  Let the acquiring team turn around and flip him to his last choice of teams to play for.  That was the purpose of the no trade, to just make sure he can choose his second team for a minimum of one game then be sent anywhere.

So dumb.  So so dumb.