• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Pursuing Ohtani

totdprods

1 minute ago, Randy Gradishar said:

But why would both teams be told to do so? It seems more like the teams are just trying to make an extra push; I was a little worried that it may come off as desperate, too, but hopefully it just shows that they're serious.

Maybe it's like in real estate when a call goes out for a "best and final offer" with a time window for all parties bidding. 

22 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Are any of their remaining guys blue chippers?

Twins had lots of money to spend on international. The club voided the $3 million contract of Dominican shortstop Jelfry Marte after complications with his physical in the last few months. He’s still on the market.@MLBPipeline

This guy is still out there as well. #3 international prospect of 2017 behind Ohtani and Wander Franco (Rays)

14 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Ranking The Ex-Braves Who Have Been Granted Free Agency

2. Yunior Severino, 2B
Severino signed for $1.9 million in 2016 as one of the top players in the Braves' loaded international class. He is an offense-first switch-hitting middle infielder with power potential and loads of bat speed. As you would expect for a teenager, he has plenty of work ahead of him, especially defensively, but 17-year-olds who slug .444 in the Gulf Coast League are exceedingly hard to find.

5. Ji-Hwan Bae, SS

Bae was one the better international prospects to play in the 18U World Cup this summer–he hit .286/.393/.412 at the tournament–and he signed with the Braves soon after. Scouts who saw Bae projected him as a well-rounded, athletic middle infielder with a chance to stay at shortstop. His plus speed is an asset, although there are more questions about his power potential.

7. Juan Contreras, RHP
Contreras is all about arm strength. He can light up radar guns from 92-97 mph already and he's got a little room to add more velocity. But right now he has no idea of where the ball is going when it leaves his hand (10 walks per nine in the GCL this year) and his secondary pitches are more ideas than refined offerings at this point.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/international/ranking-braves-prospects-granted-free-agency/

I want Yunior Severino and the OF Negret! Contreras could be a good extra part that could fall into our hands inexpensively.... Just due to the "Wild Thing" persona.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I want all three if we miss on Ohtani. Why not?

3. SS Jelfry Marte

6. OF Raimfer Salinas

8. C Antonio Cabello

11. SS Ronny Rojas

24. SS Osleivis Basabe

25. OF Wildred Patino

29. OF Stir Candelario

From MLB.com’s top 30 international prospects are still available. So at the very least we have some good fall back options

If I'm a young foreigner and have a choice between Seattle and So. Cal, duh.

I didnt move up here until I was almost 40. But my main reason was to be close to my dad who suffered a stroke 3 years prior, and who ultimately passed away in my arms in 2008 on Thanksgiving day, at.my house unexpectedly. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If I'm a young foreigner and have a choice between Seattle and So. Cal, duh.

I didnt move up here until I was almost 40. But my main reason was to be close to my dad who suffered a stroke 3 years prior, and who ultimately passed away in my arms in 2008 on Thanksgiving day, at.my house unexpectedly. 

Sorry to hear that Chuck. My mother passed away on Christmas Day 1996 and I always still think about her even to this day. I don't look at the Holiday in a bad way though because it was her favorite Holiday of the year and so I take a sort of odd comfort when the season rolls around.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Arte and Sosh have strong personalities. Trust me on this. Italian and a Mexican. God bless them both..

I get it Chuck but if you substituted a guy like Joe Blanton for Ohtani in this scenario you wouldn't see them going this distance they'd let Dipoto eat it, that's all I'm saying.