• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Pursuing Ohtani

totdprods

Just now, ettin said:

Ohtani actually interviewed with the Padres last night. He could decide very soon:

I'm just wondering if it would come down to a final round of 2-3 where he actually visits the stadium, facilities, etc. You'd think with the way he's handling it now, that there would still be a personal visit. That would still allow the decision to be made before the Winter Meetings . . . 

11 minutes ago, Dave Saltzer said:

I'm just wondering if it would come down to a final round of 2-3 where he actually visits the stadium, facilities, etc. You'd think with the way he's handling it now, that there would still be a personal visit. That would still allow the decision to be made before the Winter Meetings . . . 

Honestly, I don't think he will need to do that.  I think he knows where he is going.

1 hour ago, ettin said:

The Angels have multiple options beyond Cesar Hernandez. The Phillies are fighting a very saturated free agent and trade market for keystone players. The Angels are the ones in the driver's seat, not the other way around.

I could believe this if Eppler is comfortable with Calhoun or Simmons as lead off hitter or believes they can get Kinsler for less. 

1 minute ago, ksangel said:

I could believe this if Eppler is comfortable with Calhoun or Simmons as lead off hitter or believes they can get Kinsler for less. 

They can get Kinsler for a lot less than Hernandez, no doubt in my mind. One year of Kinsler at about $11M versus 3 years of Hernandez at about a total of $20M for all three seasons. Cesar has a lot more surplus value and will cost us a top prospect (or a MLB player with long-term control plus one or more prospects). Kinsler will cost us a mid-tier quality prospect plus one more lower-tier guy give or take.

Also Kinsler can hit at the top of the order himself. Jason Kipnis and Dee Gordon would also be good choices to hit at the top of the order. Heck even Brad Miller might be an option at the top of the order too (but he's a little more risky).

1 hour ago, ettin said:

Ohtani actually interviewed with the Padres last night. He could decide very soon:

i'm relieved to know he won't be taking his talents to south beach next year.

p.s. jim gray is still a giant dork.

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I read an article a couple of days ago saying this. And with the Padres interview being the last one, i would not be surprised if it was them.  The only negative there would be their ability to let him play 2 ways. That stadium will kill any hitters power stats. Playing in the NL West would have him hitting in SF, LA,SD; 3 of the toughest parks for hitters.

6 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I read an article a couple of days ago saying this. And with the Padres interview being the last one, i would not be surprised if it was them.  The only negative there would be their ability to let him play 2 ways. That stadium will kill any hitters power stats. Playing in the NL West would have him hitting in SF, LA,SD; 3 of the toughest parks for hitters.

Yeah..  Like others have said, if he doesn't choose us, I hope he signs with the Padres.