• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

College Basketball 2017-18

17 hours ago, Lou said:

AZ on upset alert 

Buffalo out played, out hustled and out coached UofA....They played a tremendous game.

On a side note, heard from my son this morning...they travel back with the basketball team....Here is there schedule:

8:00 text - come get your stipend money

8:45 load bus (at this time the catered breakfast for the basketball team is ready and no basketball team)

9:30 Band loads the plan...still no sight of basketball team

10:00 basketball team finally loads plane.

When people talk about paying athletes to play...they forget other things (yes I am slightly biased), but the kids in band do the following:

Play at football games, pre-game, half time, tailgate parties and in the 3rd quarter play for boosters in the luxury boxes with no breaks (cheer team gets catered Jimmy Johns and rests during halftime).  If they go to a bowl game, play at booster events, often march during tailgate events etc...

Play at Womens Volleyball, Womens Basketball and Mens basketball

Play at any event athletics deems necessary or requested...this year the played at a boosters wedding, they play at 5K/10K runs.  When the superbowl was in Phoenix, they played in Phoenix for a morning tv show, When the red band society tv show was being released, they played all over a Tucson mall in preparation for the show. They also played at college game days...

While the band doesnt make money for the school, they often represent the school better than any of the athletes do.

Oh yea...many of the kids in the band are not on a full ride scholarship, but still commit many many many hours to representing the college.

Stepping off my soapbox now.

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ayton and Trier wasted no time in announcing they're leaving for the NBA. I think the announcement was made with about 8 minutes left in the game.

So, when does Miller get the boot? 

We were at the senior night game, and Ayton, Trier and Atkins were all acknowledge with the senior class.  No surprises there.

Miller...good question.  Investigation aside....This is twice in the last four years that UofA has not made it out of the Round of 64.  That alone should warrant a termination....I think he makes for at least one more year.

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

Sorry, but I don't think a player should be acknowledged with the seniors if he's only been there 1 year. A junior, ok. But a guy who probably won't even finish a single year in school doesn't deserve to be honored alongside the guys that have been there 3-4 years. 

Agreed...

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Fullerton played Purdue tough for 30 of the 40 minutes.   Now, about that 10 min spanning the first and second halves?  (30-7 Purdue run)

Ha! 

This is the new "almost had a triple-double"

4 hours ago, Lou said:

Sorry, but I don't think a player should be acknowledged with the seniors if he's only been there 1 year. A junior, ok. But a guy who probably won't even finish a single year in school doesn't deserve to be honored alongside the guys that have been there 3-4 years. 

agreed. we would never tolerate that noise at el camino.