• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Josh Paul, Angels Bench Coach

totdprods

3 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Back to postseason play.  Game 5 2005 Angels vs.Sox Bottom of the 3rd, Rivera doubled, Kennedy singled, Rivera  scored. Figgins sacrificed to second.Cabrera grounds out. Anderson  walks, Guerrero fielders  choice.  Angels had a chance for a big inning.  Score 1 run. Once again Scioscia baseball. This inning could have changed the game .

i'm guessing you still hold a grudge against that kid in third grade that wouldn't share his crayons with you, causing you to get a D on your "color the pilgrims" worksheet because you didn't have a white crayon for that big color the puritans wore.

i think dr. phil has a toll-free number. i can find it for you, if you'd like.

Edited by Tank

7 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

Back to postseason play.  Game 5 2005 Angels vs.Sox Bottom of the 3rd, Rivera doubled, Kennedy singled, Rivera  scored. Figgins sacrificed to second.Cabrera grounds out. Anderson  walks, Guerrero fielders  choice.  Angels had a chance for a big inning.  Score 1 run. Once again Scioscia baseball. This inning could have changed the game .

Or, Cabrera grounds into a double play, Anderson walks and Vlad hits into a fielders choice.

In the playoffs, you have to play smart.  With the guys coming up, the smart move was to to bunt getting a runner into scoring position and figuring that two of the next three batters do not ground out.

51 minutes ago, Tank said:

marty mcsorley disagrees with you.

One difference though, is that McMeathead's stupid illegal stick penalty came with the Kings leading 1-0 with just over a minute to play in game 2 of the 1993 SC Finals.

Kings likely would have won if not for that, with 2-0 games lead and heading home for 3 games.

It's a little different scenario with a tie game in ALCS game 2 in 2005, and a hot ChiSox pitching staff to tackle.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Of the three only Molina would be successful in those roles.  Napoli as a manager tells me everything I need to know about you.

Yeah -- but you gotta admit it would be awesome when Lackey walks to the mound yelling the entire way then takes the mitt from the pitcher sends him to the dugout and stays on the mound to pitch....   Can't even pretend he wouldn't try it.

1 hour ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

You play for one run that's  all you get, or none. Putting pressure on pitcher's and raising their pitch count. Getting to the bullpen, money ball class 101.

Do you get paid to say stupid shit or do you do this for free?  I mean seriously, I feel like each time I say something dumb I should pay you a royalty.  

geez -- just saw this -- for real?

AnaheimBob has it absolutely right -- at the end of the day it really doesn't matter if it was a 'clean' catch or not or even if the ump (mistakenly? absent-mindedly? forgetfully?) gave the OUT sign signal -- the Catcher in that situation should NEVER PLAY UMPIRE -- tag the runner -- EVERY TIME. If the catcher does that, NO ISSUE.

To this day -- while I too give Perzynski (spelled way wrong) a bad time when he comes to the plate vs. Halos (his MLB playing days are done now, though), I don't blame him for the 2005 fiasco -- in fact, I think he did what a smart opponent (and catcher) would do in that situation and try to create confusion (which he did) where there really was none. Heads up play on his part as far as I am concerned.

Bone-head play by our new 'bench coach'  GEEZ -- that guy?   OK -- let's wait until next year -- that would be 2019.

Silver lining...while Josh Paul isour bench coach, it's a solid bet Martin Maldonado will never forget to tag or throw down to first base on balls that are anywhere near the dirt.

Sort of like if you hire Kendrys Morales to be your hitting coach, it's a guarantee none of your players will jump on home plate to celebrate a walk off HR.

I know it sounds like they're cursed, but sometimes these are lessons you learn that set up a brighter future.