• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Today: AngelsWin.com Top 30 Prospects

AngelsWin.com

6 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I think that Eppler comes to the draft with an actual plan which is nice.  I think in the 2016 draft, he saw a deep class, but wasn't as top heavy as he would've liked.  The Angels system needed to have a good draft and not simply one good prospect.  So we saw him get a decent but not elite player with the first overall pick so that he could allocate more money elsewhere to come away with several key prospects.

This last draft, I think it simply came down to Adell being so talented that any way you shake it, you can't justify passing on him.  I mean that's the next Byron Buxton.

Hopefully, the hitting part isn't as delayed as it was for Buxton, who only this past post-ASB did hit well after mostly meandering between mid-2015 and mid-2017.   Then again, I was spoiled by Trout only needing half of a MLB season before he took off at the plate. 

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Hopefully, the hitting part isn't as delayed as it was for Buxton, who only this past post-ASB did hit well after mostly meandering between mid-2015 and mid-2017.   Then again, I was spoiled by Trout only needing half of a MLB season before he took off at the plate. 

I would be thrilled if Adell followed Buxton's timeline.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Does that apply though for players out of college, if the player played very little college baseball over those 4 years?    Torii Jr. focused on football in Domer land.

I try not to think of Hunter as s college prospect. He went to ND to play football. He got to wear the jersey and take a few swings with the baseball team because of who his dad is and as part of his scholarship.

He's basically working off the same amount of experience as a high school player, except he's 22.

So with Hunter Jr., just throw the whole age-development curve out the window. Look at him instead as an athlete. You have a very advanced ability to run the bases and play defense as well as a natural tendency toward the game given the upbringing around the sport and in the locker room. 

The last thing you need to develop is the ability to recognize pitches and hit the ball. TJ can hit the ball. We'll see if he can learn to recognize pitches.

My guess is he splits 2018 between A Ball and Advanced A, 2019 in AA, 2020 in AAA/MLB and ready to be a full time major leaguer in 2021. 

I do think he'll be a major leaguer, my question will be if it happens in an Angels uniform. With the OF spoken for through 2020, and Jones, Adell, Marsh and Deveaux being upside prospects, Hermosillo in the middle and Lund and Montgomery being 4th OF types, Hunter will need to outperform quite a few good ball players to stay in an Angel uniform.

On 11/22/2017 at 5:36 PM, ettin said:

Fixed!

Even with those, he's primed to be a superstar at age 24. I think we've been spoiled by Trout. Age 19/20 and the best player of the last century or so....

If a prospect makes it to the major leagues by 23/24, and is a good player at 25/26, that's what you hope for.

I could see Adell up in the majors at age 22, and becoming a legitimate star at age 25.