• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Nobody ever acknowledges risk in Trout age 35+?

Dtwncbad

48 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!

Was thinking the same. Mays too

To be fsir, i think more than anything it shows how much the game has changed. I dont see any way those guys could last as long today.

Im a huge fan of the past, in all sports. But sports have gotten harder over the years, more competition.

6 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Not everyone ages like Pujols.

Actually, the vast majority of great players don't. Pujols' decline trajectory is one of the worst in major league history among players who were truly great in their 20s. I did a study about this a couple years ago and if I remember correctly, only Griffey Jr and Eddie Mathews were comparable. Just about every other player who was close to as good a hitter as Pujols in his 20s didn't decline nearly as steeply in his 30s.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

It’s weird we don’t want to talk about the decline that will happen in 7-8 years of the best player of his generation and the best player this organization has ever had.  Super Duper Strange.

He'll only be 32 or 33 in 7 or 8 years. I doubt he'll be very bad by then. He will still be an above average player IMO.