• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Braves interviewed Tony Reagins for their GM job

jsnpritchett

23 minutes ago, Taylor said:

"So, tell me about your achievements."

"I traded Mike Napoli for Vernon Wells ... I'll see myself out."

"And I was late to Carl Crawford's suite at the Winter Meetings, so he signed with Boston before I can give him my pitch.....er, nevermind.  Thanks for granting me an interview."

This thread reminds me of the thread from around 2012 when someone claimed they saw Reagins on TV at a Rockies game in CO. There was a picture of the seats behind the dugout, and sure enough, Reagins or a guy who looked exactly like him was sitting in the crowd at Coors Field.

1. I successfully navigated the free agent waters by showing up late to the winter meeting and losing out on Carl Crawford.

2. Managed to avoid adding unnecessary payroll space by not pursuing aging players, even though they were living in the OC and were knocking on my door asking to be signed like Adrian Beltre.

3. I evaded saying anything dumb to the media by literally running away from them.

4. I called for change by complaining that the winter meetings were pointless because everything is done over the phone.

5. I set the standard on attendance by being the last to show up and the first to leave.

6. I maintained good relations with my manager by allowing him to GM this team.

7. I revolutionized the free agent acquisition process by allowing free agents to "fall in my lap".

8. I made a lasting impact on the future of my ball club (Vernon Wells).

If hired, my first order of business will be lunch, followed by a long period of unavailability and finally, the firing of some guy named Garrett Wilson in my analytics department for being critical of me at MWAH during my tenure with the Angels.

3 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

1. I successfully navigated the free agent waters by showing up late to the winter meeting and losing out on Carl Crawford.

2. Managed to avoid adding unnecessary payroll space by not pursuing aging players, even though they were living in the OC and were knocking on my door asking to be signed like Adrian Beltre.

3. I evaded saying anything dumb to the media by literally running away from them.

4. I called for change by complaining that the winter meetings were pointless because everything is done over the phone.

5. I set the standard on attendance by being the last to show up and the first to leave.

6. I maintained good relations with my manager by allowing him to GM this team.

7. I revolutionized the free agent acquisition process by allowing free agents to "fall in my lap".

8. I made a lasting impact on the future of my ball club (Vernon Wells).

If hired, my first order of business will be lunch, followed by a long period of unavailability and finally, the firing of some guy named Garrett Wilson in my analytics department for being critical of me at MWAH during my tenure with the Angels.

No wonder Dipoto seemed like a jedi.

18 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Well, if Bill Bavasi got another GM job, I guess anything's possible.

In 1995 before the season started, didn't Bavasi try and trade Jim Edmonds, Garret Anderson, Troy Percival and JT Snow for Rick Aguilera but was actually turned down by the twins?

Anyone know he was he really that stupid?