• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Question for all you carnivores

Tank

1 hour ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

studies are all over the place about it

i've been eating plant-based since january, and while i feel great and am getting a ton of protein, it's very easy to slip into eating vegan junk

the b-12 thing is annoying, too

cholesterol and triglycerides are under control, but i've cut back on booze, too, so that's probably a pretty big factor

I eat 80% of my calories from animal fat and I’ve never felt better in my life. Gotta do what’s right for you! 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I eat 80% of my calories from animal fat and I’ve never felt better in my life. Gotta do what’s right for you! 

Damn, good for you. I have a problem with getting the proper ratios on macros. I don't think I ever hit the proper ratios with fats, even eating ribeyes and shit like that with a lot of fat.

The intermittent fasting is a must though. I'm taking time off and have ate like shit but am losing weight between that and every other day doing a keto based day....the ones I don't it's complete shit like fast food with a milkshake. Water intake and sleep are huge, too.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Damn, good for you. I have a problem with getting the proper ratios on macros. I don't think I ever hit the proper ratios with fats, even eating ribeyes and shit like that with a lot of fat.

The intermittent fasting is a must though. I'm taking time off and have ate like shit but am losing weight between that and every other day doing a keto based day....the ones I don't it's complete shit like fast food with a milkshake. Water intake and sleep are huge, too.

Yeah that dude is gnar and I'm not sure that he's all that intelligent from a nutrition/scientific perspective. He might be, but he's a bit meatheadish. He's also obsessed with his physique and body fat%. As such I think he follows a modified keto diet. Super low carb, but relatively low fat too. I just want to feel good and be semi-attractive to gay dudes.

8 hours ago, Adam said:

meat was by far the easiest thing for me to go without

i miss butter more than anything

from what i've read, avoiding processed foods, meat or otherwise, is more important for health and lifespan than the whole vegan/vegetarian/carnivore thing

and to be clear, my choice wasn't an ethical one. i'm not vegan.

3 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

meat was by far the easiest thing for me to go without

i miss butter more than anything

from what i've read, avoiding processed foods, meat or otherwise, is more important for health and lifespan than the whole vegan/vegetarian/carnivore thing

and to be clear, my choice wasn't an ethical one. i'm not vegan.

Oh for sure dude. It's awesome that this is working for you. For me it is 100% about controlling my hunger. 

• 3 months later...

I finally got around to it. Dry aged my own beef for 28 days. No bad growth or rot. Trimming it was easier than I thought. I didn't do a great job cutting it into equal individual steaks, but it was good enough. 

I had never cooked a dry aged steak before. I did this one sous vide at 129 (next time I'll try 131). I seared it on the griddle. I've never seen fat puddle out of meat like that before.  It allowed for an amazing crispy crust be in just 30 seconds to a minute on each side. It was delicious. The steak was so tender. Because I didn't age it too long it didn't develope the big dry aged flavors, but I'll try longer on my next attempt. It was totally worth the effort.

IMG_0400.jpg