• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Ohtani??

Angels#1Fan

7 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Fangraphs spells his name as Ohtani.

Baseball Reference spells it as Otani.

Who is right?

they both are. 

ohtani is considered the japanese version of his name in english.

otani is considered the anglican version.

we'll see which way he chooses to spell his name on his jersey.

3 hours ago, ukyah said:

they both are. 

ohtani is considered the japanese version of his name in english.

otani is considered the anglican version.

we'll see which way he chooses to spell his name on his jersey.

It will probably be spelled "I NAT O", so when he stands in front of a mirror he can remember his name, "O TAN I".  If he puts his jersey on backwards it will say "I NAT O", and he will know to take it off and reverse it.    

8 minutes ago, tomsred said:

It will probably be spelled "I NAT O", so when he stands in front of a mirror he can remember his name, "O TAN I".  If he puts his jersey on backwards it will say "I NAT O", and he will know to take it off and reverse it.    

How's the vodka? 

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

We might be a player for him if we didn't have Pujols anchored (and I use that term literally) at DH......

Nope Albert says that this is the first offseason that he will be able to work out without any difficulties so he should be able to take over his full time duties at first base this upcoming season. Looking forward to seeing him follow through.

On 11/14/2017 at 3:12 PM, Calzone said:

Many have cited the Yankees as the favorite to lure Ohtani. The Yankees benefit, of course, from the game’s largest market, offering the most visibility and endorsement potential.

This ^^^^^^

But we are the LOS ANGELES angels now !! 

9 hours ago, moccasin said:

The actual pronunciation is o-o-ta-ni. Outani would be the best way to write it actually.

this is so american i can hardly stand it. these are the facts, it's spelled ohtani, that's the japanese version of it. otani is the anglicanized version of his name.

here you go, his japanese uniform:

shohei-ohtani.jpg

The Angels

The Angels would be must-see TV with Mike Trout and Ohtani on the same roster in the country’s No. 2 market. The Angels would be a great stars-and-scrubs experiment with, perhaps, two 10-win players and Andrelton Simmons. Of course, the Angels have only $150,000 available for an official bonus. Ohtani will make an impact wherever he lands, but it’s with the Angels where his impact could be maximized. It’s a place where Ohtani could single-handedly push a bubble team into the postseason field while also allowing us to see Trout in October. That’s quite a two-for-the-price-of-one deal — and to this author, it’s the most intriguing landing spot.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Angels

The Angels would be must-see TV with Mike Trout and Ohtani on the same roster in the country’s No. 2 market. The Angels would be a great stars-and-scrubs experiment with, perhaps, two 10-win players and Andrelton Simmons. Of course, the Angels have only $150,000 available for an official bonus. Ohtani will make an impact wherever he lands, but it’s with the Angels where his impact could be maximized. It’s a place where Ohtani could single-handedly push a bubble team into the postseason field while also allowing us to see Trout in October. That’s quite a two-for-the-price-of-one deal — and to this author, it’s the most intriguing landing spot.

I hope Eppler can put an end to the "Trout and scrubs" narrative.  If Pujols can manage to play part time at first base next season, Ohtanhi actually makes sense for the Angels.  Ohtanhi and Pujols can platoon the DH duties while Pujols and another scrub platoon first base.

I like it.