• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Maldonado and Simmons win GG!

nate

5 hours ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Disagree, I'm tired of this notion that the GG is awarded to the best hitter who also plays somewhat decent defense; it's a defensive award. That's the type of logic that leads to Palmeiro getting a GG. 

And Machete’s OBP wasn’t terrible either.   But yeah, no catcher compared to him defensively in 2017.   No brainer GG

17 hours ago, greginpsca said:

I saw Fregosi play all of his Angels career, and i can say that Simmons is a much better defender. I think Fregosi won his gg's because of how many dp's turned by him and Bobby Knoop. That is not to take anything  away from Jimmy. He was very good. The only ss i have seen that might be better than Simmons, is Ozzie Smith. 

My oh my, 1967 first year I started following Angel baseball. Fregosi and Knoop were big guys. Both over 6ft. Fregosi probably 200 Lbs. But boy could they turn a DP! 

But Simmons is like no one in the era. People would have thought he was some kind of freak'in Alien! 

9 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

lol everyone's reply to my post was hilarious.

I know it would be unpopular but it was actually a serious post.  Maldonado going up to the plate swinging at pitch 1, then pitch 2, then pitch 3 in a desperate attempt to go back in the dugout seriously pisses me off

The only time he has to break a sweat is when the pitcher throws a wild pitch and he has to waste calories chasing after it.   Sorry I'm not impressed.  I cant fucking stand the guy.

This is a look at me post.  Well done, you got some attention.