• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Maldonado and Simmons win GG!

nate

Grats to Simmons, a GG well deserved.

I dont think Maldonado should have won though.  I think you need to be at least a decent offensive player to win a GG.  Because running the bases, working the count, etc all play a factor in a catcher's stamina.  So when you have Maldonado having 1 pitch at bats and never getting exhausted from running the bases because he's never on base to begin with - you get a catcher who is always at 100% stamina.  He's literally a designated catcher, he was non existent offensively.  Pretty sad way to win a GG.

5 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I dont think Maldonado should have won though.  I think you need to be at least a decent offensive player to win a GG.  Because running the bases, working the count, etc all play a factor in a catcher's stamina.  So when you have Maldonado having 1 pitch at bats and never getting exhausted from running the bases because he's never on base to begin with - you get a catcher who is always at 100% stamina.  He's literally a designated catcher, he was non existent offensively.  Pretty sad way to win a GG.

Disagree, I'm tired of this notion that the GG is awarded to the best hitter who also plays somewhat decent defense; it's a defensive award. That's the type of logic that leads to Palmeiro getting a GG. 

16 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Im not sure if this is a serious post.

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

This is really stupid. The award is entirely about defense. That's it, just defense. It's like the silver slugger awards, it can go to a DH because it's all about offense. 

jack black wtf GIF

I think we have a clear winner for best unintentional satire at the 2017 AngelWinnies

18jl4n.jpg

lol everyone's reply to my post was hilarious.

I know it would be unpopular but it was actually a serious post.  Maldonado going up to the plate swinging at pitch 1, then pitch 2, then pitch 3 in a desperate attempt to go back in the dugout seriously pisses me off

The only time he has to break a sweat is when the pitcher throws a wild pitch and he has to waste calories chasing after it.   Sorry I'm not impressed.  I cant fucking stand the guy.

13 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I know it would be unpopular but it was actually a serious post.  Maldonado going up to the plate swinging at pitch 1, then pitch 2, then pitch 3 in a desperate attempt to go back in the dugout seriously pisses me off

The only time he has to break a sweat is when the pitcher throws a wild pitch and he has to waste calories chasing after it.   Sorry I'm not impressed.  I cant fucking stand the guy.

what a shame you can't celebrate something one of our guys did. kind of pathetic, really.

19 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

You not liking the guy for his offense is no basis for discrediting his Gold Glove achievement. This is a you problem, Sr. Piñata.

Edited by Blarg

18 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Why do you think GM's pay these guys millions of dollars to do one thing? They're paid for their defense and anything they attribute offensively is a bonus.

Yes it would be nice to be both good on offense as well as defense, but those guys are pretty rare. 

2 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

Jeter: I agree.

16 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Is Trout really a bad outfielder? With as popular as he is an amazing how is he not getting GG's? Jeter would win those things and he wasn't an amazing fielder it seems?

Gold Glove awards are finally starting to factor in actual defensive metrics and aren't just a popularity contest anymore. 
Trout is good, but CF is an incredibly deep position defensively in the AL right now - Pillar, Kiermaier, Springer, Buxton, Bradley, Cain...